third year-chapter eleven

A/N: buckle up 

"He didn't even break his glasses,"

↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭

FIRST PERSON:

The day before the match, the winds reached a howling point and the rain fell harder than ever. It was so dark inside the corridors and classrooms that extra torches and lanterns were lit. The Slytherin team was looking very smug indeed, and none more so than Malfoy.

I had finally gotten a reply back to my letter that I sent Mum and Dad two weeks ago at breakfast that day.

"Oh, honestly, Harry," Hermione said when Harry was fretting over the match that was soon to come. "Quidditch isn't life or death, you guys are being over-dramatic."

Harry propped his elbows on the table, buried his face in his hands, and groaned.

Ron turned to look at her, aghast. "Hermione!" he said. "How could you say something like that?!"

She merely shrugged. "In my opinion, people make too big of a deal about it."

"Hermione," I said calmly. Though being on the Gryffindor Quidditch team, I never took it quite as seriously as the others, it was merely a coincidence I landed a spot as chaser. "Never say that around these two again."

She rolled her eyes then looked up to find a flock of owls dropping through. "Mail's here." She said calmly. I looked up to find O/N somewhere in the mess of owls, then I smiled as I spotted the familiar color of feathers that most O/T owls had. 

"Finally," I muttered, catching the letter that had fallen out of the owl's clutches.

"Is that a letter from your parents?" Harry asked, taking his face out of his palms and leaned over my shoulder.

"Yeah, they finally responded." I turned it around and pried the flap off.

Needless to say, I was not met with a very fulfilling response.

'Dear Y/N,
No, he did not. Focus on school.
With love,
M/N L/N and F/N L/N '

That was it. I was so frustrated I crumpled up the letter and tossed it in my bag. No, how are you?  How's school? Hope you haven't caught feelings for any of the boys in your school.

"C'mon," I murmured to Harry, Ron, and Hermione, who were already looking for my reaction with anticipation and stood up. "We're going to be late."

Oliver Wood had caught up with Harry and me on the way to Defense Against the Dark Arts, giving us tips on how to swerve the Chasers and Seeker on the Hufflepuff team for the third time today, "Now, Y/N, I know that Xavier's your brother, but tell me you won't go easy on him, his arm and swing are very agile and quick, work on your reflexes beforehand. Harry, Diggory's got a very fast swerve, so you might want to try looping him-"