third year-chapter nine

A/N: hey.... this is me apologizing after not updating for 27 days...

There was nothing to be done. Ron called Professor McGonagall a lot of names that Hermione scowl at; she assumed an "all-for-the-best" expression that made Ron even angrier, and the rest of the class was talking loudly about what they were going to do in Hogsmeade.

"There's always the feast," I heard Ron say to Harry. "You know, the Halloween feast, in the evening."

"Yeah," said Harry gloomily. "Great."

Harry's bad mood persisted throughout the week as the third years didn't stop talking about the upcoming Hogsmeade weekend. Nothing anyone did made him feel better. Dean offered to forge Uncle Vernon's signature on the document, but Harry had already told Professor McGonagall that he hadn't gotten it signed. Ron half halfheartedly suggested using the  Invisibility Cloak but Hermione shut that idea down immediately because the dementors could see through the cloaks.

Harry and I were sitting in the Gryffindor common room, working on homework when Harry let out a dramatic sigh.

"Oi," I said, catching his attention. "Sulkiness is not a good look on you."

"I," Harry started off. "like to think that I look very handsome when I sulk,"

He wasn't wrong.

"If that's what you think," I laughed.  "What's wrong?"

He looked at me with an exasperated expression on his face, "You know what's wrong."

"I was being serious, y'know," I started, unbothered. "I'll stay behind to keep you company."

"What? I thought you were joking!" He exclaimed. I rolled my eyes.

"No, I wasn't joking, I'm gonna stay behind this trip," I said.

"No, you are not doing that, go have fun with Ron and Hermione."

"Yes, I am."

"No." he turned to where Ron and Hermione were sitting, "Ron, Hermione, tell her to go with you."

"Hey," Ron held up his hands in mock defense. "I'm not getting involved."

"Harry," Hermione said, looking up from her Herbology essay. "You know you're not going to change her mind."

"There, see. I'm staying and there isn't anything you can do about it." I threw my legs over his and plucked a book from the table.
--------///---
"I don't know how you're so casual with him, Y/N," Hermione said as we were getting into bed. "I don't know how he's so casual with you, either, to be honest."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"Oh, come on!" she said, flopping onto her pillows. "It's so obvious he fancies you."

"It is not, Hermione."

"You clearly haven't seen how he looks at you, it's like his pupils turn into hearts!"

"That's scientifically impossible."

"You get what I'm saying."

"I don't,"

"Then you're as oblivious as he is, Y/N."

"What about Ron?" I asked.

"You're trying to change the subject,"

"I am. What about him?"

"He's still angry," she said with a sigh.

"I could-"