Chapter 3

The next day

Sol woke up and saw a man holding out fire.

"You got burned. You should put that journal on the table and read it."

Sol got up and read the journal, confused.

He read the journal and discovered that the man was a writer that lived in the house Sol woke up in.

Suddenly there is knock at the door.

Sol opened the door to see a young girl with long black hair and dark eyes. She was dressed in a black corduroy jumpsuit and had a knapsack on her back.

"Why are you here? Who are you?" Sol asked her.

"My dad has come up and I can't go to the city with him." She replied.

She began to cry and run away.

Sol stared in confusion.

Sol tried to find out who the girl was, but realized he was still in a strange house with no memory of how he got here or where the journal went.

Suddenly someone was calling Sol's name.

He followed the voice to a door that was on the other side of room. He opened it and steped into a filthy bathroom.

He looked around the bathroom, which was filled with dirty clothes in the toilet, piles of trash on the floor and grimy tiles on the wall.

He left the bathroom and steped back into the room.

The door closed behind him.

He looked around the room, but did not see his sister.

He heard a door open behind him and quickly turned around.

The door closed just as quickly.

He decided to leave the room and find his sister.

He looked for his sister for maybe an hour, but couldn't find her.

He decided to sleep in a bed instead of on the floor.

He walked over to the only unoccupied bed and tried to get some sleep.