Chapter 9

The next day

"Wake up!" Sol said suddenly getting up.

He opened his eyes and looked around. He was in a small room with a single metal door. It was much nicer than the room he woke up in before.

"Where am I?" Sol asked himself.

"Do you want to get out of the room?" The soldier Sol met earlier suddenly appeared.

Sol quickly jumped up and asked where that is. It turned out it was the soldiers bunkroom. They gave him a quick tour.

"I want to go for a walk in the forest." Sol said.

The soldiers put the tray of food away and gave him a walkie-talkie so he could keep in contact.

He headed outside and began his walk.

He kept a look out for any humans or demons.

He saw a portal open up. Demons came pouring out. They noticed Sol and begin heading his way.

He turned and sprinted back to the room.

"Demons are coming!" Sol yelled.

The soldiers jumped up and began arming themselves.

They gave him the ok to open up on the demons and tossed him a gun.

Sol began firing at the demons.

The demons were killed by his bullets. But he needed to reload.

He went back outside and killed more demons while the soldiers reloaded.

Sol noticed smoke rising above the trees. It was beginning.

He returned to the room and waited.

The sun slowly came up, and the light shone on a gruesome scene. Demons had massacred the bunker. Bodies lay everywhere.

Sol looked for survivors.

He saw one soldier, a female that looked to be in her 20s.

He approached her and asked if she was human. She didn't answer, she just continued to sit up and look at him.

He scaned her for a wounds but found none. Sol asked her if she was a demon. She charged at him with a knife.

He shot the knife out of her hand and pined her to the ground.

"Who and what are you?" Sol asked surprised.

The girl was silent. Sol checked her pulse, and she was alive but unconcious.

He looked around for a first aid kit but found nothing.

He found a walky-talkie near her hand.

"Hello?" Sol asked trying to wake up the soldier.

No response.

He picked up the walky-talkie.

(Click)

A voice crackled through. The voice said only five words: "We know what you are."

The line went dead.