Chapter 11

The next morning...?

Sol woke up late in the morning. The bunker was colder than usual.

Suddenly his sister appeared in the doorway, her face looking very tired.

"Hey kiddo, wake up. I brought you some food, you slept like a rock."

"But your dead!" Sol said, suprized.

She looked at him confused, after a pause she smiles "Oh I'm not dead, you saw me last night! I was giving you a ride home while my body healed!"

Sol gasped.

"You saw mommy last night?!"

She laughed and sat him down while she cooked breakfast. He ate greedily before speaking again.

"Can I go out and play today?"

"Yes." His sister replied.

Sol spent the day running around outside and having fun. At night he and his sister sat around the campfire while thier mom cooked dinner.

"Why are you cooking mommy? You're sad and tired!" Sol said.

"I am little one, but someone has to watch the campfire. Would you like to take over?"

"Ok"

He crawled onto the log and sat cross-legged on the ground. He watched as his sister brought water to the edge of the fire, before throwing in a handful of ingredients.

"What are we eating today?" Sol asked

She smiled as she served him a large bowl of chilli.

"Thank you little one, now eat up!"

Sol dug in, and enjoyed the meal.

Suddenly he got the feeling he got when he woke up from a dream.

He woke up to a new day.

"Goodbye little one, enjoy your sleep." He heard his sister say as he woke up.