Chapter 21

"What are we even supposed to think about, Harry?" You said, walking in front of the corridor where the Room of Requirement was hiding. 

"I don't know, let's think about where the diadem was hidden. Just think about it and maybe it will show us it," Harry guessed, walking speedily on the corridor.

A couple of footsteps was thundering over the stairs which led to the corridor you and Harry were in. It shook the floor and it made your mind go blank for a couple of seconds. You feared it was your father because you parted him near the Great Hall. You didn't want to have him as a burden to you and Harry, it just wasn't fair. Now, you feared that he was betraying the order of going away and helping. You were wrong as you saw fire red hair bouncing up the stairs, soon followed by the swish of brown beside him. 

"Oh my gosh!" You exclaimed, running towards them to hug them. Harry yelped and ran towards Ron while you held Hermione tightly. She was dripping wet you noticed, her hair wrapping around your arms. She dug her face on your shoulder and you saw at the corner of your eye, how hard Harry slapped Ron in the back while they hugged. You chuckled and you let go of Hermione, absolutely delighted to see her and Ron again. 

Ron let go of Harry after groaning of his red mark on his back now. He smiled at you brotherly and the both of you hugged. He patted you softly and you held onto his back as you smiled. You missed them dearly. Watching as how Hermione and Harry hugged, made your heart sting a little and you guessed Ron had the same effect. He let go of you and said, "I'm guessing you have destroyed the diadem?"

"No, actually," Harry answered, getting the hint so he let go of Hermione after a small smile. "That's why we are here, to retrieve it." 

"Yep, that's why we are outside of the Room of Requirement," you supported, walking back towards the corridor. "How did you guys destroy the horcrux? Tell me! I want to know everything. Well, not everything because we don't have enough time. Just, tell me, please," you urged, not containing the excitement of hearing what happened. 

Hermione glanced at Ron, and when they met, their eyes drifted from each other right away. A soft rose color highlighted their cheeks, along with their ears. 

Harry noticed this and he let out a soft grin. "What? It's not like you guys did something you guys don't want to tell us," he said, laughing at their scarlet faces. 

"Oh come on, what did you guys do? Fall? Yell at each other?" You expressed, not knowing why they were shuffling nervously and avoiding each other's gaze for a while. "What, did you guys kiss?" You asked, covering your mouth and sharing a laugh with Harry because the both of you thought it wasn't going to happen. When they were silent and didn't object, you looked at Hermione and gasped a little. "You guys kissed?!" 

Ron cleared his throat nervously and his face lit up. "We did actually," he commented, while Hermione held her forehead on her hands. Ron continued, "It was bloody amazing."

"Shut up Ron, I am going to obliterate myself if you continue," Hermione pressed, her voice raising a couple of octaves as she was extremely embarrassed. 

You smiled as you couldn't believe it. They actually kissed, you wanted to yell out of excitement but you figured it was a little too early for it. So, you readied your voice to say something you could only say in this situation. 

"About time," you said but your voice was joined by Harry's. He said it with you and he laughed when he realized. You did too and you saw Hermione grin at you. 

"We should probably hurry and get that diadem. Don't know if you guys know this, but did you guys see my dad by any chance?" You said this so casually as if asking the time of day.