Chapter 24

You ran towards Remus, not knowing that a death eater was right beside you.

"Y/n! Get out of the way!" Remus yelled, turning his head towards you, looking at you with pure terror in his eyes. 

Then, the death eater sprinted towards Remus, holding their wand over their head. A sudden slashing movement with his wand, a sneer on his face and then he struck a purple light. It hit Remus right in the middle of his chest, making you jump towards him but it was too late. 

Remus' twitching body and lifeless eyes, made you sob uncontrollably. As you wept over his body, Tonks was running towards the both of you watching her dead husband. Tonks held on to her stomach, chocking her sobs and staring at the now dead death eater; Ron has struck a curse on him. 

"Remus!" Tonks cried, leaning down and holding Remus' cold hand. 

You made way for her to console his body. You were shaking all over, tears running down your face. You just saw one of your loved ones just die right in front of you. You tried running to them, trying to tell them to leave but it was too late. You were so close yet, you couldn't do anything about it. He was killed. 

Hermione had tears on her eyes as well, and she rubbed them over her tight sleeve. You jogged towards her, sobbing into her arms. She wrapped her hands over your head, trying to protect you. You sobbed even harder because that was how Remus used to hug you. 

"Y/n," Tonks whispered, red in the face and her voice clogged with tears. 

You moved out of Hermione's grasp to look at Tonks, her face covered in tears as well. She smiled weakly at you, but her eyes didn't match her smile. You walked over to Tonks, hugging yourself because you felt like you were freezing. You both hugged each other, squeezing both arms she said, "He will never be forgotten. He will hold a special place in our hearts." 

You nodded onto her chest, trying to control your wet breathing. She let go of you, ruffling your hair slightly. You gazed down at Remus' lifeless body, still gripping his wand and a yell written on his face. 

Tonks walked over to Remus, leaning down on his body and moving the hair out of his eyes. She squeezed his hand and cried a little more. She grabbed his hand, removing the wand he was holding. She got up and looked at you, handing you his wand. 

"What are you-?" You asked, being cut off with the wand pushed onto you. 

"You don't have a wand, and I am sure you are going to need it," Tonks pushed, "I'm sure he would've wanted you to keep hold of his wand. Now go, it isn't safe for the three of you to be here. Where's Harry?" 

"He's in the Shrieking Shack," Ron responded, his face flushed and red. 

"Why is he there? Neverminded that- Go, now!" She ordered, motioning with her hands down the empty hall. 

"You'll be okay, won't you Tonks?" Hermione tried, straightening her clothes nervously. 

Tonks nodded in reply, knowing that if she spoke again she will sob. 

The three of you took one last look and left the scene. You were holding Remus' wand tightly, knowing that you would have to defend yourself and others. You worried about Harry as the three of you walked down the hall, watching dead people left and right. You nervously tried to pretend to not hear the yells and the cries of the student's. You tried to pretend that the shattering windows and the explosions were just accidents. You tried to pretend that nothing was happening, but it was hard. 

"I need to see my family," Ron said, watching some of the students crying over one of their friend's dead body. 

"Ron, it's dangerous. We need to find Harry first," Hermione said concerningly, dropping her eyes at an impaled piece of an arm that was thrown on the floor.