An Author's Note

Hi there!

I just wanted to say a few quick things before the book gets started.

First of all, I actually wrote this book in a series of starts and stops. The idea came to me two years ago on a bus ride. I started writing, but only finished what are now two chapters. Then this summer, I found the book again and wrote another two. The rest of the chapters were written this winter. As I have read more books and changed as a person, my writing style has too. Of course I've gone back and tweaked things, but I just wanted to mention why the tone might seem a bit different from chapter to chapter.

Secondly, the chapter length is what I like to call a happy medium. They started as shorter pieces, which I then combined together. The first size seemed too short, but I also didn't want them to be as long as some of the other books I've read. So, voila, you have these chapters.

Thirdly, I'm going to put a little trigger warning on the book. In the style of most Wattpad main characters, mine has some trauma from her past and of course in the present. (SKIP THIS SECTION IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY TRIGGERS, PLOT POINTS WILL BE REVEALED) For the sake of the story, I'm not going to elaborate that much on the triggers. If you want more information, feel free to reach out to me. But, basically, you will encounter sexual assault twice in this story. One case is revealed in a series of flashbacks, this case will be brought up multiple times in nightmares and as a recounting of the event. The second case occurs in the present, and once it is done it is done. Neither case gets very far, but if you are sensitive to it, I want you to be aware that it is in fact present. It's no more serious than any book I've ever read, but it may be different for you.

Finally, I just want to say, enjoy the book! It's fashioned after, well pretty much every cheesy romance novel ever. It also draws some inspiration from a classic(You'll figure it out later in the book), which I think adds a fun little twist to it.

Happy reading!