Chapter 6: Part 1

Last night, after Shuhua fell asleep, I sent a message to my boyfriend. I asked Oppa if he'd be busy tomorrow and if not, then I'm gonna ask him out on a date.

It's Saturday and I don't think I have any plans made, so I texted him. He tried to call after he responded but I told him the girls are already sleeping, and because Oppa is Oppa, he understands. He always does.

Even if we have something big on our plate right now as a group, but my responsibility to be a good girlfriend was long overdue, and Hui-oppa doesn't deserve that. I sighed heavily once I realized how much I'm repeating that phrase over and over again. I really suck at this relationship.

I was planning on leaving early while majority of the girls are still asleep but Soyeon was already up in the living room once I made it out of my shared room.

"Oh. You're going somewhere?" I tried to hide my surprise as I turn around to answer her.

"Yes. I have... I uhm... I'm meeting with a friend. Yeah. Sorry, but I'm already running late."

I didn't lie, right? Oppa is my friend, in a way, and I'm about to meet him for a date. So yeah, at least there's some truth in my words.

"Meeting with a friend? At this hour?" She checks the time on her phone, "It's six o'clock, the sun's barely out yet, and you're already running late? Wow, who are you meeting, the milk delivery guy?"

Here's the thing, sometimes a guy would deliver milk outside our dorm before six-thirty in the morning, he'd come back in the afternoon to retrieve the bottles as well as the payment, but you have to tell him in advance if you're going to buy. So, that's Soyeon's reference.

I laughed sarcastically, "That's funny, but no, and you don't have to know who I'm meeting up with!" I usually converse with Soyeon this way since we're the same age and she's basically my first friend here, "I gotta go."

"But we have to talk about our problem. Maybe you and your "friend" could reschedule your meeting?" She asked hopefully, "Or you could move your date to lunch?"

My ears perked at the term, "What do you mean date?" Does Soyeon now know as well? Did Kino told her about my secret? I felt myself becoming defensive, "There's no date. My friend is a girl. We're just simply hanging out."

A frown appears on her face, "That's what I meant with—" Soyeon stops herself, "Nevermind. I didn't mean anything by that, and I'm not doubting that your friend is a girl. We'll wait for you to come home before we discuss what our plan would be."

She's obviously suspecting something, but I don't want to continue pressing or else what happened between Minnie-unnie and me would happen again. I don't want any more of that drama, so I left.

***

Our date was one of those days were I felt brave enough to agree and go out in public. Usually we'd just stay on the park or a convenience store, while he's still covered up. No one knew me, and Hui-oppa have his mask and beanie on, no one would suspect I'm with an idol, right?

He freely held my hand and navigate us through the mall until he stops to an in-door restaurant. I didn't bother looking up for the name because I fully trust his taste, and surely enough, the food turns out great.

"Are you full? Have some space for dessert?" Oppa asked, he didn't wait for my answer and gently pulls me toward a Gelato stall. "Which flavor would you like?"

I thought about it but decided I've had enough, "I don't think I can eat anything more after that feast back there. I'm sorry."

"No, no. It's okay, you don't have to apologize. I'm just glad you ask me out today. I've been missing you so much these past few days but I don't want to bother you or annoy you with thousands of my texts." We went out because the people inside the stall was starting to stare at us. "I don't want to sound like a clingy boyfriend."