Part 6: A Lie and a Truth

"So... you and Hui-sunbae are really over?" Minnie-unnie asks. The two of them have been asking me a couple of times already, but this time, it finally sinks in. Weeks passed before I finally shared what happened with Oppa and me to these two.

Oppa was not responding to any of my messages AT ALL. My calls were rejected as well so I didn't bother leaving any voicemails. There's no point to it.

"Yes."

On my other side, another unnie asks, "How are you holding up?"

"I... Fine, I guess?"

"And Shuhua? How is she?" She asks again.

"How did Shuhua got involved in this conversation?"

Miyeon-unnie shrugged, "I'm sorry. It's just that I'm curious about how she's doing. She wouldn't talk to me again, or even gaze at me."

"She said she's fine, but I know she's not." Minnie-unnie was the one who answered.

All things considered, I should be feeling sad still, right? After all, our relationship has already taken a break even before we became official to my friends.

But rather than being sad, I'm kinda relieved somehow. Maybe because I saw our relationship as a burden, something that I should always be on alert about so that others wouldn't find out. Or maybe it's because I have one less problem to worry about? Either way, after a couple of days of being out of myself, I've finally accepted it.

And yet, there's still the problem with Shuhua. I should be glad of finding out she's not talking to Miyeon-unnie again, shouldn't I? Well, I'm not. I don't understand why Shuhua's back to her cold self again with Unnie. They seem to be doing fine the past few weeks to the point that it got me jealous, but it feels like time went back these couple of days and Miyeon-unnie was once again a stranger.

I could only think of three reasons why: one, Shuhua is guilty because she did something wrong to Unnie, two, she is mad at her for whatever reason, or three, she is jealous because Miyeon-unnie would debut with me instead of her.

Shuhua is pretty expressive, but there are times that even I can't understand what she's feeling.

"Maybe you should talk to her, Unnie. Figure out why she's ignoring you."

"Can I talk to her?" Is she seriously asking for my permission? "I mean, I'm afraid she'd get mad at me if I continue bugging her."

"Do you want me to accompany you?" Minnie-unnie asked.

Miyeon-unnie got flustered all of a sudden, "I..! No, no need! I get the feeling that things would get awkward either way and I'm just gonna embarrass myself. I wouldn't want other people to witness that."

Minnie-unnie shrugged, "Hmm... Okay, if you say so."

"Shouldn't you two be in class by now?"

"Yep, but we're already late so might as well join you here while you're studying." I don't know if I should be glad or annoyed by what this Thai Unnie had said.

"Exactly. I was supposed to be studying, but you guys kept pestering me so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna fail my exam later."

"Alright, alright. We're leaving. Let's go, Miyeon-ah." She stood up and offered her hand to the other girl.

Miyeon-unnie gladly took it and smiled at me, "Good luck on your exam, Soojin-ah! You got this, fighting!"

Yeah, I lied. I'm technically cutting classes right now. It's just unfortunate that they saw me so I had no choice but to go along with their thought of me studying. It was actually nice to talk to them, at least I know I'm not alone in this process of moving forward.