Part 3: Family Lunch

Shuhua rang my cellphone at around six o'clock. I don't know how I managed to endure her missing presence for that long, but I did. Well, the girls might have stopped me once or twice about calling the cops to alert them, but at least I still managed.

I called for a taxi to bring Shuhua back to the university. Apparently, she can hop on a random taxi to go somewhere alone, but doesn't know how to return. I'm just glad she called me this time and not somebody else.

Her aura was a little brighter than when I last saw her earlier in the morning, is it the effect of her little adventure?

Of course, the Unnies didn't let the matter slide without her ending up being scolded for a couple of minutes, all the while looking for me for support that I definitely can't give to her so I ended up inside our room. I'm just as scared from those two, now that I see how angry they are.

I messaged Hui-oppa that night, telling him how my day went after we separated ways. I finally changed my password to a new one, I can't risk letting my phone fall in the hands of anyone. If I want to spare the two youngest girls from knowing my relationship, I better be extra careful from now on.

"Unnie..! Miyeon-unnie and Minnie-unnie were bothering me!" Shuhua complains once she entered our room.

"Yah! Whose fault was that? You just left a weird note before leaving, of course you'll worry everyone!"

"Did I worry you too? I'm sorry." She smiled sweetly before jumping on my bed to hug me.

I let out a sigh of relief. I miss her so much.

You ever experienced having someone by your side but can't feel their presence? These past few days, I felt like the two of us were like that.

"Shuhua-ya.. Do you want to go home with me tomorrow?"

"With Unnie's family? I'm finally going to meet them?" Her eyes were wide with excitement. Those beautiful eyes that always got me by surprise, those pair that I can't say no to.

"Yeah. I think it's time. My family has been bugging me to meet you. Oh, and Mom's gonna cook dinner for us so you can't say no."

"I'm not planning on saying no. I wanted to meet Unnie's family as well, but I hope they would like me." Shuhua sat up so sudden, my head rocks along the bed. "What should I do? What if they hate me after we meet?"

I'm sure they would love you. You made me like you even without trying.

"Just try to behave yourself. And please, you can't be too clingy to me in front of them, they could be a little nosy."

"Nosy? What's nosy? Is that a bad thing?" I'll never know when Shuhua's using her foreigner card to pretend not understanding things just so she could escape a situation, or she really doesn't know, but right now she's just so cute looking confused.

"Nevermind that. Just... try not to be weird."

"Hmmm.. Does Unnie thinks I'm weird?" Shuhua asked. I thought she was offended by that so I was about to apologize, but she grins widely and starts poking my cheek, "Jin-Jin-ah, you think I'm weird, huh? Huh? Well, don't worry, I'm going to be the nicest girl tomorrow, you wouldn't even recognize me."

I didn't mean for her to pretend like someone she's not, I just wanted her to tone down her personality. But if it would cost me lesser questions and curiosity from my family, then I'm grateful for her offer.

***

At around eight in the morning the next day, we told the girls that we'll be back as soon as we can since Mom decided to move our meeting to lunch so we could go back at the university before curfew. We still haven't talk about the decision we have to make and when I told them we're going home, they insisted to come. Naturally, I said no. Even with the three of us at the beginning, with Minnie-unnie and Soyeon, no one has ever been at my house before.