Part 8: Finale

Shuhua wasn't home until 5:30 pm. Usually, she's here by 4. Though that worries me, it also gave us enough time to prepare for our "mini-surprise."

The Unnies arrived at the same time our maknae came home and it was a little funny how flustered they get when Shuhua asked them where they went.

"Outside/At the park," the two said simultaneously. Pfft.

"Yah, Yeh Shuhua! Why are you so late?" I confronted her, acting like I was angry to stall for some time because Yuqi was still decorating the room inside.

"Oh, Unnie. I stayed a little bit to say goodbye to everyone. Why?" Shuhua was so serious, I felt terrible for even acting mad.

"N-Nothing," I shifted my eyes. I waited for Miyeon-unnie and Minnie-unnie to enter the dorm before I speak again, "So, uh... can we talk for a second?"

Shuhua gave me a gentle smile, "I still need to pack, Unnie. Maybe later."

She tried to walk past me but I caught her arm, "I thought you finished packing two days ago?"

Was she lying just now to avoid talking to me? Yup, she certainly is because she couldn't meet my eyes.

"I-I think I left some stuff out. See you inside, Unnie."

She slowly pulled away from my hold and I just watched her go. That's it. It's over.

But no. Something on my mind told me to chase after her.

"Shuhua, wait!" My body went on autopilot and the next thing I knew, I was hugging her from behind. "I'm sorry. I really am. I couldn't fight for us, I couldn't fight for you. I'm sorry that I couldn't keep my promise of debuting together no matter what. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry..." I kept on apologizing, and I felt her body shivering until I realized, it was me who was shaking from crying.

Shuhua let me cry for a moment and then removed my arms from around her. She turned to face me and wiped away my tears.

"Unnie. It's okay. Maybe it's just not meant to be," she told me and showed me her smile that I could single out from hundreds of faces. "Let's go in, I'm sooo hungry."

"Will you visit us?"

She thought about it for a second, "Of course. I told you, I'll be your number one fan."

I know this is so not me. It's not my personality. Most would say it's impulsive and so out of character. Maybe they're right. I know I wouldn't have the guts to do this usually and could only do it while I'm drunk. But I did it STONE. COLD. SOBER.

I kissed her. I kissed Shuhua on the lips. 

"Don't go, please. Stay here with us. Stay with me."

Shuhua was still frozen in shock. I mean, I couldn't blame her. If I weren't so desperate to make her stay, I would also be confused about what I just did.

"Unnie..."

"Soojin-ah..." Miyeon-unnie said from inside the dorm. I didn't even notice that they had already opened the door. Judging from their faces, they have witnessed the kiss and instead of surprising Shuhua, they were the ones who got surprised.

"Woah," Yuqi exclaimed. "What the-- can I get a kiss too?"

"Shut up, Yuqi, you're ruining the moment," Minnie-unnie scolded.