Punch Bowls and Punch Lines

-Leah

 "Let's just take it slow, lets press pause for a minute. I need some time."  I could not seem to get those words out of my mind. All over something that meant absolutely nothing.

And just like that, I was sent on an emotional rollercoaster. I would have never expected something like this to transpire between me and Russell's relationship.  Whoever did this really needed to come forward with their psychotic behinds and admit that they are trying to frame me. I knew Lamarcus was no good, I wish he would have just stayed away from me; and I never should have entertained him that night at the lounge.

"Hey Leah, are you ok?" One of my coworkers asked me. I know that my persona and my energy were very melancholy today. With everything going on with Russ, I just could not focus all day.

"Yes, I'll be ok James" I said walking down the hall to the restroom. I'm glad Aunt Pat is away on vacation because I know she would be all up in my business and wanting to put Russell in his place. I just did not want the drama right now. I splashed some water to 'wake' myself up. It took everything in me not to call it a day and just go home early and lye under my covers. I missed talking to the man who became my best friend; I miss his infrequent yet exciting FaceTime calls. At the moment, I feel as if I'm the most unlucky women in the world when it comes to relationships. After all of my thoughts, I began to focus on the children here at Seattle Children's Hospital. They deserved me putting great effort into making this place everything they have dreamed of. They did not deserve me half stepping on the job.

I began to encourage myself while walking back to my office and made some phone calls to get this project up and running again.  I was grateful to have this opportunity that takes my mind off of everything that transpired with Russ. If nothing else was going right in my life, this children's palace would be the only thing that did go right. I was going to make sure it turned out beautiful. I didn't take this job for nothing; I came to make someone smile.

Later that evening, around 7:30p                    

I was so motivated to get some progress going with the Children's Palace, I didn't realize it was so late and all of my coworkers had already gone home.  I logging out of my computer and straightening up the papers on my desk, I began to put my coat on to head out of the door. I was thankful that I ad already began to feel much better.

As I drew closer to my car, I heard an unfamiliar voice.

"So how does it feel?" I turned around quickly to be facing a blonde women, standing with her arms folding across her just.

"Excuse me?" I said looking her up and down. "Do I know you?" Once I said that I began to remember a few instances where I've seen her. Century Link when I met Russ's family, my neighborhood when Robert came over to help me plan.

"Maybe you do, maybe you don't. But please tell me how it feels knowing your blissful relationship is about to get rocked upside down?"

"You are crazy. I know you've been following me around and it seems as if you have some type of obsession with my relationship. I don't know what it is with you, but you better stay far away from me."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. No need to get so defensive. There is nothing wrong with me popping up to say hi right? Besides, I just want Russell to see all that he missing out on. I can't believe he turned me down but chose someone like you He doesn't think black girls are attractive!" She said with a mouth full of disgust. I could tell she didn't have it all together in her head, so I didn't trip over the last comment she made. That wasn't the first time someone said something negative about me and I'm sure it wouldn't be the last.