Breakfast at Russell's

-Leah

It was hot in here. I couldn't believe what I was doing to Russell right now. His body felt so good under mines. I could feel both of our intimate parts connecting with one another.  Feeling the sensation of grinding against Russell's fullness made me cringe with anticipation of what it would really be like. Then it all came to me; right feelings, wrong time. I wanted him so bad right now.

"Leah...Baby, we can't. Not right now." I heard Russell saying removing me out of this unfamiliar yet pleasurable element I was in. For a minute, I remained in this straddling position on Russ, in disbelief of what I was attempting to do, and then I dismounted back to my side of the bed.

"I don't know what came over me. I'm sorry, Russ. For so long I just wanted to know what it would feel like." I said with my head in my hand.

"Baby, how many times have I had to stop myself? Don't beat yourself up about it."

"I know, I know. I'm just going to head back to the guest room" I said exiting Russell's plush, king sized bed and walking out the door. "Goodnight, Russell."

I went into the bathroom of the guest room and splashed some water on my face. Slow down, Leah I thought to myself. I was so glad Russell was a man of integrity and didn't allow me to do something I would regret later on. He is definitely a keeper. A man not taking advantage of a woman, no matter how bad he may want something, says a lot about his character. I'm grateful Russ respects me and my wishes, and loves me enough to correct me when I'm heading down the wrong path.

Well this was an eventful night. I just wasn't looking forward to going to work in the morning. All that has been happening has been draining me; I wish it could all end. However, wishing was not going to get me anywhere I had to rise up and fight.

-Russell

I decided to wake up a little early to make Leah some breakfast. She had to work today and I know she was not looking forward to it. I heard the shower come on which meant she was getting ready and would be downstairs shortly. I let the breakfast potatoes continue to simmer while I finished up the omelets. Honestly, this was about the only two things I was good at making for breakfast.

Moments later, Leah walked down the steps with a blank expression on her face. She lifelessly placed her purse and laptop case in one of the chairs of my table.

"Cheer up, beautiful" I said embracing her in a hug. "You can do this. You can conquer this situation. We will conquer it together."

"Thanks, handsome." She said laying her forehead on my chest. "It smells good, what did you make?"

"Omelets & potatoes. Let's eat before it gets cold."

After we finished eating, I thought it would be wise if I told Leah that I was preparing to leave her, which I did not want to do in the midst of a situation like what she was going through.

"Leah, I hate to do it to you but I'm heading out to New York tomorrow night." She looked up from her plate.

"I'm going down for all-star weekend where I'll be having a few very important meetings about the Why Not You foundation and AOL. I'll be there for a whole week. I hate to leave you during this time."

"Oh, that is ok Russ. The world can't stop because of me. I'm so proud of you and what you're doing for that foundation." I grabbed her hand and kissed it. She was truly something special.

"You know I'm just a phone call away though, babe."

"Oh and about last night..." She started, but I already knew where this was going.

"Don't even worry about it, Leah. Plus, I know how bad you want this, so I don't blame you." I said pointing at myself.

"Oh please don't stroke your own ego today" she said getting up and putting her coat on, while I placed the plates in the sink.

Later that day

After Russ dropped me off at home to pick up my car, I hopped in and drove to work. On my way there I had to continually encourage myself that I could conquer this situation. I prayed a few prayers for strength and guidance, instantly feeling better.

As I was walking to my office I saw my boss standing in the hallway talking to an officer with his hand on his chin as if he was in deep thought.

"Leah after you're all settled in, an you meet me in my office?"

"Sure Mr. Simmons, I'll be there in one second."

I unlocked my door, threw my coat and bags down then hurried down to my bosses office.

"You wanted to see me sir?" I said knocking on my boss's open door.

"Yes, so we have some further information on who could have vandalized the palace. After reviewing the entire security camera system, Detective Peters said it had to be someone who works here who vandalized the palace. Either that or they just know the place very well, because on all the cameras it shows no one actually entering the building."

"Wow so this monster is possibly lurking around here in the building?" I said in disbelief.

"Possibly. I know that room had a padlock and a combination key preventing access. Do you know of anyone else in the hospital that could possibly have that combination key other than you all?"

"After the contractor began to do their work, dust and dirt started to build up in the place. Housekeeping is a department that is staffed 24 hours so we gave the supervisors the key and code to a have housekeeper clean up in there at night when all the business is finished around here." I said, remembering that detail. I wish we had not given it out.

"I'll have my team investigate all the employees in the housekeeping department and search for any DNA and fingerprints left behind. I also remember you mentioning a possible suspect. What was that name again?" Detective Peters asked.

"Allison, I don't know her last name though. She is someone who has been following me around and expressing her anger towards me. I can't think of anyone else who would spray paint 'Me First' on the walls.  She is infatuated with my boyfriend and believes he made a mistake by dating me." Detective Peters continued taking notes while I was talking.

"That is a lot of good information that will help us out. We will keep you updated and have an officer to patrol your home and the hours you are at work."

"Thanks, Detective." I felt like this was a murder scene by how much investigating was going on, but this hospital was a part of a nationally prominent organization, so it was pretty serious. Also, this palace is a $20 Million project and I'd say $5 million was just flushed down the drain by the damage that was done.  I just hope it was all coming to an end.