Queen

-Leah

I had managed to snatch Russell from his home and just take him to get some fresh air. To my satisfaction, he was beginning to brighten up in the face and in his spirit. We were taking a walk through this park that was breathtakingly beautiful as is many parts of Seattle. Though it is February it wasn't very cold today.

"Russ, I'm glad to see you smiling again."

"It's that effect that you have on me" Russ said putting his arm around my shoulder and snuggling me close to him. It just felt so warm, felt so right.

"Look at those kids; so innocent and they don't have a care in the world." I said pointing over to some young boys playing flag football. Russ looked at me then looked at the boys, then looked back at me once again like he was trying to make a decision.

"Russ, go on over there, you know you want to" I smiled.  He gave me a quick peck on the cheek as if to say thank you and ran over to the young boys. He began to play with them and teach them new pointers they were jumping for joy over. I sat on the nearest bench to watch and just observe him. He was a natural born leader and loved kids. He would definitely make a wonderful father, I thought. Thoughts of our future ran through my head. At this point, I know Russ probably thought about the same things I did. If not, it would be a complete tragedy but the deepest part of me had faith that he did. His proposal, our wedding, our home, and our kids; these were the things that I had been filling my mind with.

About fifteen minutes later, Russ returned to me at the bench I was sitting at. "Had fun?" I said laughing.

"That was so much fun! Thank you for that. Seeing those little guys who are so eager to learn definitely gave me all of the motivation I needed." I smiled at Russ and after that it was a brief moment filled with silence until Russ spoke.

"We both know I have a lot of apologizing to do. I am so sorry for the way I treated you after seeing those pictures. I was angry. It brought me back to my last marriage. How I felt betrayed and I felt like I could trust no one. It hurt even more to even think about you possibly being with another man. I couldn't take the thought. On top of all that, I know I didn't give you any type of chance to explain anything. It is clear to me now, more than ever , that you are someone I need in my life. Can we start over?" Russ said with the cutest puppy dog eyes.

"Of course, Russell. However, I'm just thinking. This will not be the first time someone tries to rock our world for the worst. You are a football player; there will be women and people,especially women, who will want you all to themselves. I have to know you're not going to get angry if you hear something else that paints a bad picture of me."

"I promise I won't."

"And you need to rest knowing that as your woman, I have your best interest. I don't want to hurt you; I don't want anything from you but this thing right here." I said referring to his heart while tickling him on his chest.

"You're kind of corny." He said laughing hysterically.

"Whatever, I know what to say to get you going though. It's not that funny", I said to Russ as we rose up and started to walk back to the car.

-Russell

February 6th, 2015

It was the day before Leah's birthday and I had a lot to do. Good thing my boy Rob was here to help. We were both making calls to put the finishing details on tomorrow's festivities.

"I think she will love it, bro. You did a good job."

"Thanks, I owe you one for coming through at the last minute."