Fortunate

-Leah

"Rob, are we there yet?" I asked. I was growing impatient sitting with this blind fold tied around my eyes.

"Give it about 5 more minutes, sis." This seemed like the longest car ride ever. The only thing that kept me quiet was eventually finding out where I was going and what Russ had planned.

We had finally arrived at the destination and per Rob's instruction, I waiting for him to come open my door and escort me out of the vehicle. I sort of stumble while walking due to the fact I couldn't see where I was going.

"I gotcha sis, walk slowly." Rob said. He was such a sweetheart. Russell had a good group of friends.

"Ok, we are here. After I take your blindfold off, don't look up, down or around. Just look straight at this card I'm about to give you." I followed his directions and after he freed me of the piece of cloth that had been covering the windows of my soul for what seemed like 30 minutes, I read the car:

Change of plans...Look up.

I immediately looked up and saw none other than Mr. Wilson standing in front of me. I dropped my head and a couple of tears began to fall. I was so happy to see this man.

"Russell, you got me good" I said with my head resting in the crook of his shoulder, while he held me. I was really thinking I would have to spend my birthday alone.

"Happy Birthday, beautiful." He said while I was still crying. "Hey. You have to stop crying you'll mess up this pretty face." Russ said lifting my chin and giving me a quick and soft peck on the lips. That's all I needed to calm me down.

I eventually got myself together and observed where I was. It was a beautiful water front with many boats waiting at the dock & subtle lights decorating restaurants and trees. This seemed like a place that only lovers visited.

"This is amazing" I gasped taking the time to look at everything. Russell stuck his arm out for me to interlock mine with his as he led me down the dock to board this beautiful boat. It was not very huge but had plenty of space with a table and seats to dine in. As we entered, I heard the beautiful sounds of smooth jazz music playing.

"It's all for you." Russ said leading me to the table to sit. "I just want you to know I love and appreciate you, Leah. This definitely can't top what you did for me, but I hope you enjoy it."

"I love you too, Russell. Trust me, it's breathtaking, I'm truly amazed."

"You look so beautiful." Russ said just staring at me.

"Ok, you're making me nervous" I said blushing. I think Russell would always have that effect on me, no matter how long I knew him. I think it's just something in his eyes.

"There is such significance to this day and to where we are right now."

"Like what?" I asked, curiously.

"Number one; it's my queen's birthday. Number 2; we're on a boat. This was where I was supposed to take you on one of our first official dates but it didn't happen. Plus, I know how much you like to be by the water."

"You put a lot of thought into this, Russell. I'm amazed." I know men don't always care for very much detail, but Russ was different. He always paid attention to detail and I believe that's why he puts his heart into everything he does. If he can't do something with a willing heart, he will not do it all. That's why this means so much to me. "This means a lot to me Russ, I'm blown away." I said resting my head on my hand and just looking at the beautiful moon that radiated it's reflection on the water.

After the wonderful waiters and waitresses, who wore white shirts and ties with black pants, served us our dinner, we just continued talking. It may have been 11 o'clock or midnight but neither one of us cared, we just enjoyed being in each other's presence.

"Can I have this dance?" Russell extended his arm to me and of course it didn't take anything for me to fall into his arms.

"Gladly" I said as I intertwined our fingers and Russell put his hand on my lower back. We swayed back and forth while Maxwell's song 'Fortunate' played through the boat.

-Russell

"Gladly" she said taking my hand and looking me in the eyes. This is my woman, I thought. No one has ever made me feel the way Leah does. It is funny how God works. I told him I wasn't entering any relationships and I wanted nothing to do with women for a while. But along came, Leah.  She just changed everything.

"Hope you enjoyed yourself, my love."

"I did, handsome. You mean the world to me." I just couldn't keep my lips off of her. I had to kiss her. Her lips felt so good against mine. I put in a little extra effort in this kiss

"Wow...Russell. You surprised me with the tongue." Leah said stepping back and looking at me with a shocked looked.

"Happy Birthday" I said shrugging my shoulders.

"You're so bad."

"But I know you like it" I said raising an eyebrow. "Let's get out of here."

_________________________________________________

So short, I know! Updating again late tonight or tomorrow. Thank you all for reading .

-xoxo