Chap 38

A beautiful sunny day. Suyeon sits and rest her chin on her hand. Her eyes looks towards the window. Watching the last leaves trying to hold onto their tree, then a wind approaches and blew away their last strength,  which finally made them falls off their tree and slowly lands down on the ground.

-Suyeon, why did that senior called you out? What happened?

A hands gently pats her, she didn't turn around or answer. Suyeon hates those people who wants to be in everything, wanna care or knows about other people's business. Suyeon frowned when that girl first pat her, but after flashing back on the conversation that she had with Sunoo, her eyebrows became to normal again. 

-What did you say? I can't hear you.

-I said: Let's compete, fair competition, no cheating or whatsoever.

Kim Sun Woo repeated, his voice seems like he's very determined. His normal joyful face soon became serious. Suyeon stares at him, looks up and down, smirked.

-Appearance, IQ, family, attitude, I'm all better than you, if we compete, I'm not sure if it will be fair or not. 

-Okay I just wanna say this, my attitude clearly is better than yours. The most important thing, is Ni-Ki's love.

-Haha, though you would know this if I don't say it, he loves me more than you.

Sunoo glares at Suyeon, turns around.

-Don't be so sure about that.

-You're confident huh?

-5pm after school. Basketball yard.

_______________________

-Hey why are you not answering?

A voice cuts through Suyeon's mind, she frowned again, picks up her backpack and walks somewhere.

-Hey where're you going? We have lessons now!

-I will study if you would shut up.

That girl opens her eyes widely, the whole class got silent. She knows how powerful the Min family is, so she have to suffers and sits in her place, and locks her mouth. Suyeon smirked, sits back to her place. 
The lesson starts.

________________________

-Hey!

Ni-Ki pulls Sunoo's hand back, Sunoo is not surprise, he normally says.

-What?

Ni-Ki is mad, looking at Sunoo's stubborn face made him even madder, trying to hold himself back, he asks.

-What-Are -You-Freaking-Doing?

-Doing what?

-You and Suyeon.

-Oh, you heard it already? The news sure spreads fast in this school.

His expression got worse and worse. He can't hold it back anymore, shouted. 

-Did you took me as a reward?

Sunoo doesn't look at him, his eyes is looking elsewhere, after a while he answers softly.

-....yes.

Ni-Ki's jaw dropped when  he heard Sunoo's answers, how could he be so shameless? When Ni-Ki just stood there then Sunoo already walks away. He woke up from his dreams. Ni-Ki immediately chases after Sunoo and pulls him back. But Ni-Ki hasn't even touched Sunoo, then he suddenly turns around, puts his arm on Ni-Ki's chest and pushes him to the wall. Sunoo puts his face closer to Ni-Ki's, his face suddenly gets colder. His eyes looks straight into Ni-Ki's.

-So that's why, wait in the gift box and wait for me to open it up. Okay?

-....what...what the heck?

Leaving Ni-Ki confused behind, Sunoo is gone.

**************

Belift Lab High School.

Sunoo walks slowly on the hallway, sweats everywhere. He must've run rounds and rounds around the school to trains his body and muscles for the match this afternoon. When he's at the end of the hallway then he heard a bunch of punches, follow with some sobbing and cursing. Through that much he could easily knows that this is a bully happening. Walking near, Sunoo looks at the scene and rest next to the wall.

There's lunchbox, food, water, books and pens everywhere. 

-I...that's all the money I had....I'm being honest.

-Don't trick me, such a rich kid like you only have this much money to use?

-I..I really..don't hav...

-Uh.....Sunoo.....

One of them saw him, slowly steps back, kept her head down. But this time is different, Sunoo's only looking at Jungwon, he has all kinds of scratches and wounds on his body and his uniform that has been dirty. Sunoo coldly says. 

-Why don't you continue?

-huh? 

-Don't worry, I won't help him.

Jungwon bites his lips, he looks down, sobs and sobs. The bulliers after heard that, they're half glad and half worried. After a while, they started hitting Jungwon again. Sunoo yawns and walks into the bathroom. When the bathroom door slams close then they stopped hitting Jungwon.

-So the rumor is true.

-Yea, Sunoo is no longer protecting for Jungwon.

-haha, just looks at how useless and weak he is, how would there be someone wanna be friends with him?

-"##%/#¤"%¤

Jungwon tries his best to cry without making any sounds. He tried hard to suffers in the pain. Remembering that cold look from Sunoo, he felt both painful and hate. Though he knows he doesn't have the right to hate Sunoo, he's only mad of himself that he actually sees Sunoo as his friend. 

___________________

5pm at the afternoon. Ni-Ki's school. Someone heard that the two popular people is gonna compete today so the basketball yard soon filled up with people. Ni-Ki stands at a corner, frowned and looks at Sunoo, hoping that everything is gonna went just fine.

"bounce bounce bounce"

Sunoo bounces the ball on the floor. The beat goes steadily, the whole yard got silent, he says.

-Who got to 5 first wins.

Suyeon smiles, then quickly runs in and tries to takes the ball, they just kept on playing. Suyeon got an advantage because she's tall, but she often shows her dead spot. Sunoo takes advantage of those dead corner and throws the ball in the basket. He scores 1 point. The yard started to filled with cheering, but they didn't specify if they're cheering for Sunoo or Suyeon, it's obvious that none of them wanna cheer for only one of them and got into the other one's blacklist.