21

I sat in the library, impatiently waiting. I'd signed up to become a student tutor, and currently whoever I was supposed to tutor, was running late. I glanced at the clock, school had ended twenty minutes ago. Whoever was supposed to be here five minutes ago. I took out my calculator, pencil, and some extra paper since I would be tutoring for math. Two minutes later someone appeared. I looked up. It was Noah. I mentally shot myself in the gut, why did it have to be him? There's no way I was going to be able to focus, let alone actually help him. His arms were lightly tanned, making his eyes stand out. His hair was just the way I liked it.

"So, what do I need help with?" I asked, without thinking. "You, I meant you" I cringed. Oh god, why'd it had to be him?

"We just started trig identity proofs, and I'm really lost" Noah pulled out his binder. He opened up to his homework and I looked over it. Nothing I couldn't do, I'd done similar things at the beginning of the year.

"And then you flip the fraction to get cotangent" I put down my pencil.

"This makes so much more sense with you" Noah started working on the next problem. I smiled and watched to make sure he was doing it right. "This was really helpful, thank you." Noah started packing up his things. I frowned a little, I wish we could have sat forever there. "Do you want to grab coffee sometime or something?" Noah put his hands in his pocket.

"I'd like that" I smiled.

"Great, let's go" he grinned.