19

Charlie, formally known as Anhur, has been here for the past nearly five months. His detox was rough. Worse than mine but he pulled through. His dad, Alpha Ryan, wanted him to go back to California with him but Charlie decided to join me in training the men as a small attempt to right our wrongs. Alpha Ryan has moved most of his pack here to train now. Warriors from the remaining few packs are coming here to train as word has gotten out about our advanced techniques.

Emily is due any day! A little girl just like I wanted, if the doctors are to be believed.

I honestly can't wait!

"I'm going for a walk." I hear Emily call out from the living room. With Charlie helping with the warriors I took time off to watch over my mate. That woman can not just relax!

"Alright let's go." I yell back and make my way to her.

"I can go myself." She argues holding her hand out for me to help her up. I look down at my very pregnant mate and chuckle to myself.

"Stand up on your own and I'll let you go for a walk on your own." I respond earning me an evil look.

"Fine." She huffs and after much effort stands. "I'm going on a walk stay here, look pretty." She smirks as she passes me patting my chest.

As if I'm letting her go alone!

I wait a bit and follow. I can just see her in the distance. I am great at tailing people but beings Emily is my mate it is harder. She can sense me more easily. The fact that she hasn't noticed me following just tells you how amazing I...

"I thought I said I was going to walk alone!" I hear her yell. The mate bond makes my job of protecting her more difficult when she doesn't want protecting.

"I can't let you go off alone." I tell her as I catch up. No point maintaining my distance now.

"Why not? I'm plenty capable of going on a walk plus they say it helps induce labor and your pup is as stubborn as you!" She yells. Dang pregnancy hormones will make a she wolf into a praying mantis! She's gonna bite my head off!

"And if you go into labor alone in the woods?" I counter her argument.

"That won't happen." She says looking down.

"You don't know that Meme. Just let me go with you in case something happens." I say and she punches my arm.

"No you idiot! I won't be alone when I go into labor beca..." she starts but I cut her off.

"You don't know that. Please let me take care of you." I beg her. Why does she have to be so stubborn? And she says the pup takes after me.

"Then take me to the doctor!" She says.

"Why?" I ask confused.

"Because I'm in labor you IDIOT!" Emily yells and I freeze. "NOW!" She screams holding her large stomach.

"Okay!" I scoop her up and run back to the pack house. "We're gonna have a baby!"

"I don't see you doing much!" She screams as we enter the house.

"Is it time?" The King asks running out of his office.

"No! I'm yelling for the fun of iiiiitttt!" Emily screeches holding her stomach.

"I'll link your mom. You can do this little wolf." He tells her and I run her to the infirmary.

"Get this thing out of me!" Emily yells at the doctor as soon as we enter the room.

"We will princess Emily but we have to wait until the baby is ready. Your first pup could take hours." The doctor tells her and she growls.

"I can feel her ripping me in half! She is ready to come out! So do your job or I'll rip you in half!!" She yells.

The doctor just smiles and goes to check how far along she is.

"Well it looks like you're right. This pup is eager to see you." He says.

It only took an hour and 37 minutes but it felt like ten days seeing my mate in pain. Her screams were unbearable but it all changed when she saw our little princess. I've never seen someone so happy. After a while of holding our pup I could see Emily's eyes droop. She is so beat.

"Come on, I think little Willow needs some daddy time and mommy needs to rest." I say picking up the bundle of blankets.

She is so small. I feel like I'm going to crush her with the slightest touch.

"It's a miracle, your first pup, there's nothing like it." I hear from the doorway.

"Alpha Alic." I nod to him then look back at my pup.

"You did good son. I'm happy for you. So what's her name?" He asks.

"Willow." I whisper not looking away from this little wolf in my arms. With her little nose and bright cheeks she looks just like her mom and her grip on my finger makes me want to never let go.

"Can I see my granddaughter?" He asks.

"Yea sure." I say not moving or looking up. He walks over and holds his arms under her.

"You have to let go Asher." He chuckles as I can't bring myself to hand her over.

"Never." I whisper kissing her head and letting her grandpa hold her.

Author time!

okay so I'm curious about which characters resonate with My readers. We all have our favorites so tell me yours!

Emily

Asher (Titan)

Alpha King Alic

Matthias or Atticus (Emily's brothers)

Charlie (Anhur)

Other?

let me know!