10

"Rapid shift training." I call to the men gaining their attention for our mid day session. "You should be able to shift in 5 seconds. This timer will go off every 60 seconds for ten minutes then decrease by one second every other cycle. When the timer rings you shift. If you don't shift, well... I have excellent aim." I say tossing a baseball in the air and catching it.

The commander threw knives but I doubt the King will go for that.

"We can't shift that quickly!" A man yells.

"You will learn." I tell him.

"We need more time!" Another adds.

"War won't wait for you... do your best and you will improve." I respond. "Prepare to shift."

I look out on the crowd the men begin to undress. That is when I notice the one woman among the men.

"Nope!" My wolf growls.

"What do you think you are doing?!" I ask Emily when I reach her. She is right up front where all the men can see her! She has already removed her shirt and I'm not letting her go any further.

"You said to get ready to shift." She answers.

"Not you!" I growl.

"No. You can't avoid me when it suits you then act like a mate when you feel like it! I'm here to train so suck it up, Mate!" She challenges me. I growl grabbing her arm and dragging her to the back of the crowd.

"If you look behind you I use knives instead of baseballs!" I growl to the men who keep their eyes forward. Good!

"You just gave me a view of all the men in the pack Asher." Emily links me and I growl.

"Focus on your training Emily." I link back.

"I could just focus on my trainer." She responds.

"Knock it off!" I growl. I hear her chuckle then block the link.

"Begin!" I announce hitting the timer.

DING!

Everyone begins to shift.

DING!

About half didn't finish in time to shift back. My arm is gonna hurt. I reach into the bucket rapid firing the balls hitting the men in the chest, back and stomach (not over the heart because that can kill you. That's why kids wear heart guards in baseball.) I hear many yelps and groans as the balls impact. I recruited a couple pups to retrieve the balls for me and they find this hilarious.

I stop training early as all of the men fall out covered in circular welts and bruises.

"That's Enough!" I yell as I stop the timer. "Good effort men! tomorrow we start again. Tonight I want each of you in wolf form. One hour run at least. Challenge yourselves. Push yourself to your limit then rest up! We start again at 0500."

I turn to walk away but am caught by Emily.

"You went easy on me." She states.

"I don't know what you mean." I say.

"I fell out early on yet I wasn't hit once. I wonder why that is?" She taunts.

"Guess I missed." I say shrugging my shoulders.

"Sure you did... soooo since you've decided to go all possessive protective mate on me how about we have dinner tonight before the run?" She asks.

"Yes!" My wolf howls.

"No... I've told you. Don't get attached to me. I'll only let you down." I tell her.

"You have dinner with me or I stick to you all day. We can spend plenty of time together." She smirks running a hand down my chest. I growl.