17

I am gonna be a father!

After Emily took me home I made a decision. Alpha Samuel said that a lesser man would have killed himself. I refuse to be a lesser man. Emily deserves more. I was being selfish to think it was better for me to die. Once I told my mate this she blew my news out of the water by telling me she is pregnant. I know its crazy knowing after a day but apparently the Alpha King has seriously strong senses. It ticked off the Luna Queen when ever she got pregnant. After the first one he just knew before she even did.

I'm gonna be a daddy!

It still hasn't sunk in yet. I'm gonna have a pup!

"I believe it is time for an I told you so!" My wolf says. "I told you we should live for mate and now our pup... this would have been a lot easier if you would listen to me."

"Alright Wolfie, I concede you were right." I tell him. I can feel his smugness so I block him out before he can comment further.

I remember saying I wouldn't have children back when I thought my life was a curse but right now, as I hold my sleeping mate in my arms, I can't wait for my pup.

"You're staring at me." Emily grumbles not wanting to wake up.

"And you are carrying my pup." I respond nuzzling into her neck and kissing her.

"Your point? Let me sleep and stop being creepy." She groans and I laugh.

"I need to get up anyway. Training is in... ten minutes." I say and she sits up.

"Why didn't you say something! I need to shower and get ready!" She goes to jump up and I pull her back into bed.

"Stay here little mate. No way you are training now. You won't be fighting in the war with the pup coming anyway. Just relax, I'll be home for lunch and we can go over to the pack house." I tell her.

"No way! I'm fighting!" She argues.

"If you want to fight go talk to the king. I'm sure your father will be on my side." I smirk.

"Fine." She grumbles and lays back down. I know her well enough to know she will be asleep again as soon as I'm gone.

"Love you." I say kissing her head as I leave for training. She yawns and I hear a 'love you' muffled by the pillows. By the time I take a 5min shower I hear soft snoring and chuckle as I run to train the men.

I pair off with Carter today. He is a strong fighter. His shift isn't quite as fast as I'd like but it's close and his strength and agility make up for it.

"I hear congratulations are in order." Carter says as we sit on a bench near the training grounds once we're done. I give him a confused look and he laughs. "You forgot about your pup already?"

"No!... I just didn't realize anyone else knew about it." I tell him then take a swig of water.

"The King is getting a grandpup and not just any grandpup but one from the princess. Do you really think he is gonna keep quiet? Plus Emily isn't here so people are gonna talk. Not much gets the royal family out of training. Believe me she has tried everything. Your little mate hates to train." He says.

"You know my mate well?" I ask a little jealous if I'm being honest.

"A bit... nothing you need to worry about Gamma my mate was friends with her." I breath a sigh of relief. He has a mate.

"You two should come over for dinner. I don't have many friends so our mates already liking each other is perfect!" I suggest.

"I said was... my mate passed a few months ago. It was an accident really she got caught in a trap... I shoulda ran with her but... Anyway, I'd love to hang out with you two if the offer still stands. I haven't seen Meme in a while." He responds. Is it bad that I'm just happy I didn't kill her? I feel bad for him but it's also a relief that one death isn't my fault with how much blame I bear.

"Sorry to hear that man... and yes the offer stands. Come over around six." I tell him and he smiles.

"Thanks Ash." He says as he walks away.

°•°•°•°•°

"How was the training you won't allow me to attend?" Emily asks as I walk in the door.

"You don't even like training. Why are you complaining? You now have an excuse." I respond.

"I don't like being told what to do either." She huffs and I sigh.

"I'm sorry I made you stay home but I love you and I want you and our baby safe." I tell her.

"And I love you for that but chill a little... please? I'm not an invalid. I can jog around the field and watch fights. That way I can still spend time with you." She says.

"Fine." I concede "but don't tell me you didn't enjoy the extra sleep." She just shrugs and sits on the couch turning the television on. "By the way Carter is coming over tonight for dinner."

"Gosh I haven't talked to him in a while... after his mate died leaving him with a three year old pup he just stopped communicating with anyone. How did you get him to come?" She asks.

"He is one of my best fighters. He's the first person who forgave me outside your family. We chat a bit during training." I answer.

"Well it will be good to see him again. Is he bringing little Desmond?" Emily continues.

"I'd assume so." I shrug.

"This is great! That boy is adorable and Carter needs some friends." She turns off the TV and runs into the kitchen. "Come help me we have a dinner to make!"