Ch. 15 Afraid To Fall

Emily's POV

After the movie I go into the kitchen and make more popcorn. As I'm putting it in the microwave Harry walks in.
"We should listen to music." Harry suggests
"My phone is dead and we don't have speaker. So I guess we can't." I reply
"I have an idea." He grins
He grabs my hand and leads me into the middle of the kitchen and spins me around. He starts humming "Tenerife Sea" by Ed Sheeran. Of course.
Then he starts to sing
"Should this be the last thing I see, I want you to know it's enough for me. 'Cause all that you are is all that I'll ever need. I'm so in love. So in love."
And even though it's about 2 am and I should be getting home soon. I would rather just sit here all night and listen to his angelic voice. It's beautiful. Really everything about him is beautiful.
"Harry why do we have to dance? It's weird." I laugh.
"Because it would be even weirder if I started singing and we were just standing here doing nothing." He laughs back
I would tell him how amazing his voice his, but instead I kiss him. He kisses back.
Our lips move in sync. We kiss passionately.We slow down. Catch our breaths and lock eyes.And then finally he gets the courage to say,
"Emily. I know we've only known eachother for a few months. And only had like two dates. Well two if you count this one. But I can't take it anymore. I want you to be mine. Just for me. I've fallen hard, and I mean really hard for you. And I just can't take it anymore. Just I want to ask, will you be my girlfriend?"

I want to say yes. But for some reason I can't get the words out, I panic. I'm too afraid. I don't want the same experience as last time. I want to say yes, but I can't get myself too.
The microwave beeps and I grab the popcorn take it out. As soon as I turn around he says.. "So yes or..?
"Harry, I'm really sorry but I can't. I just can't do it. I'm not ready, I'm just afraid."
And I walk away.
He grabs me and pins me against the wall. His face inches from mine.
"What are you afraid of?"
I stare into his emerald eyes.
"I'm afraid.. I'm afraid to fall for you."
He smiles and replies:
"I think we both know that you've already fallen."