Snowman

Plot- Joel and reader celebrating their first anniversary with a song called " Snowman " which is played on record player.

A/N- Joel being a soft cutie in this one and my heart can't take this 😔 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  You were sitting by the window, with herbal tea in your hand, while watching the scene outside, thinking about how time passed. 1 year .. It has been a huge year since you have been with the man you love and you loved him more than ever. The fairy lights hanging in the buildings outside caught your eyes and showed how close you were to Christmas. Christmas was special for you because you were right with him that day. Joel Miller .. Perhaps some people thought you were not compatible and would be separated because Joel had different characteristics than you, but what was the point of that? You were fighting a disease. There was a life-and-death war, and you both knew it all too well.

     This is how you met Joel:  you were  best friends with Ellie, so you could see Joel wherever you want every second, because Joel would try to do anything for her. He would follow her because he didn't want anyone to hurt her.  Even though he didn't have much confidence at first because he was a madman, he still didn't know who to trust. You were getting on with Ellie, and for her there was no more to say. Your relationship that has developed over time has brought you to this day. You were happy with it and you were determined not to let anyone get over you. Joel had gone to the patrol that day at Maria's request because the area had accumulated heavily with illness. Even though you were not very happy inside, you did not say anything outside. Provisions were necessary to sustain life here, and eliminating the sick was something more important.

    It didn't make much sense that today was your anniversary but people used to celebrate such things, right? Why don't you celebrate too? You weren't expecting a gift from Joel because the important thing was that he came home safely and was with you, but the door opened while you were struggling with your thoughts, and you turned your head from the window and glanced at the door. You were sure the person who came in was Joel, so you didn't get up. You didn't even mention in the morning about anniversary, but that wasn't a problem because he was in a hurry. As you watched the door of the hall, Joel took his steps inside and glanced around the hall. When he saw you sitting by the window, he grinned at you and started to come towards you. He was coming slowly and cautiously, obviously not wanting to spoil the magic of the moment. He sat down on the coffee table in front of you and ran his eyes over you. You laughed at him and put the mug down. You lowered your legs  to hug him. Being a little shorter than him made him happy because he could easily hug you, but you weren't happy about being shorter than him.

     You had to get on your toes to hug him, and whenever you did that Joel laughed at it. When you get angry and try to leave him, he would pull you by your waist and would shake your hair. Ahh this man really made you happy. Whenever you hugged him, butterflies would flutter in your stomach, and the same thing happened to you at that moment. You sat on his lap to hug him more tightly and rested your head on his chest. His heart was beating very fast and listening to it was giving you peace of mind. After a few minutes of hugging each other without both of you talking, he was the first to leave and cleared his throat.

   "How are you girly? You okay today?" You nodded and laughed while looking into his eyes. As always, those hazel eyes looked beautiful on you. You took his hands in your hands and looked how small yours looked compared to his. You chuckled against that and put your hands together. You could call this moment romantic, but for Joel Miller it was something else. Instead of saying I love you many times, your looks, your hands, and your feelings spoke sometimes. You never expected a declaration of love from him. You accepted it as it was and took it in your heart. No matter what he's done, Joel Miller was a very special man to you. After a few minutes ,your eyes talking ,you got up. Joel looked up at you and pointed his head up.

    "Let me just change myself real quick. Can you do my coffee girl?" Ahh yeah coffee. You regret that you forgot this because when he comes home, you thought to stand in front of the door and greet him with a coffee in hand, but you had sat down. You opened your eyes and looked at him, while he grinned and ruffled your hair. "It's okay If you had forgetten it. I'll be waiting for it now tho" you nodded and it was as if you lost the ability to speak. You sighed behind him as he went upstairs. You poured water into the kettle to make his coffee. After boiling, you poured the coffee into his owl cup, added some sugar and then you stepped up into your room. Your heart was getting faster when you looked at him. You always saw him, but it always felt like you were seeing him for the first time. Ahh what love made the man do ... You opened the door to your room slowly and glanced your eyes around the room. Even though you and Joel had seen eachother so many times, that was still making you nervous. Not that you were feeling ashamed, it was just the heat of the moment and the things that you were thinking in those times.

    You put the coffee on the coffee table next to his bed and sat down on the bed. At that moment, the bathroom door opened and a naked Joel Miller came out. Even though you wanted to look down to keep your eyes away on him, you still couldn't. While you were focused on his body, you didn't even realize he was coming to you. He grabbed your chin and gently lifted your head up to look into your eyes. He took the first step and fell on your lips slowly. There were no thing to rush. You were shocked for a moment, but still adjusted to it and moved your lips. You wrapped your arms around his neck and started to kiss him more.  You left each other for a few seconds to breathe, after a moment you put your lips on his lips again. This continued for a few minutes and you finally broke up. He threw that famous Miller grin at you and headed to his closet to put on something. You were embarrassed thinking about what you just went through and opened your mouth for the first time to talk.

    "I made your coffee. Drink it before it gets cold." In turn, he smiled at you and bent over his coffee. Your proximity was so hot. As he sat up, he put a kiss on his cheek and came next to the record player and put a song. This song was the song of both of you. When you first came to Joel's house, this song had caught your attention, so Joel played it just for you. You did not laugh at this memory and walk towards him and hugged. Again, putting your head on his chest, you started swinging with slow movements. When the first words of the song began, you remained in each other's eyes for a while and continued to hug each other and swing slowly. As you continued this, you heard a murmur from above and you slowly lifted your head. Joel was muttering quietly the words of the song. You heard him sing silently several times, but none of them was romantic until now. You put a kiss on his cheek, standing on your fingertips, and he turned his head and looked at you. He smiled sincerely and, raising his voice a little higher, sang the last words of the song. You were emotional and you weren't aware that tears had flowed until then. He wiped your tears with the back of his hand and fell on your lips. You didn't want this moment to end. You loved this man so much and you didn't want anything to happen to him. With that thought, you broke up with him and suddenly hugged him tightly. He pulled you out of him and took your face in his hands.

  "I'm always here for you. No matter what. We'll always be together. I'll always love you. I know I can't tell you good things you may like but I want you to know that I. Love. You" He put short and little kisses on your lips after each word in his last words.  "I got you something. I don't know If you'll like it or not but" you cut him off and put your hand on his lips. "I like and love everything you bring me Joel. And I want you to know that I love you too .. I love you so much." He smiled brightly at that and pulled something from his pocket.  It took you a few seconds to realize it was a ring.  and you didn't know what to say. "I realized that you literally own my life. I'm not the man of my words but I want to ask you this. Will you be mine forever little girl? Be mine and I'll be yours." Your tears were running like you lost your eyes, but you didn't care about your crying now. "I mean- Will you marry me? If you say this is too early to ask it's okay to me-" You shook your head quickly to mean no. "No. No it's- I mean- Yeah. Yeah Joel I'll marry you. I want to be yours forever." Joel giggled against this and gave you a big hug. The ring was long forgotten. The ring was just a symbol, the important thing was to express it. You were so happy to spend your life with Joel and that day had been a very special day for you. You were so sure that Joel would take care of you and your future kids. And of course he did.