Love Story

Plot - Reader tells Sarah how she met Joel in High School.

 A/N - Hey guys!! I just want to say that this one was hard to write because we actually don't know about Joel's life before the outbreak much. I mean it would have been good If they had told us about his life more. I just tried to imagine but I was thinking at the same time like " Joel isn't that kind of a guy " I mean maybe he was different back then but I just don't think he changed himself so much because whether If you want to change yourself or not you're just the same person and you're still you. But anyways I hope you like this 😁

    You can find this imagine on Tumblr too ! lillywritesjoelmiller

    It had been almost 15 years since you were with Joel. Even if you had a lot marathons every day, you could still find some time to spend with your daughter, even if you couldn't see each other much, because being a family would require it. You both worked hard and it was true that you excluded a little of your daughter, Sarah, but the weekends were great for you. Of course, 15 years had not passed easily. Raising a child was not such an easy task. Sarah's birth was not easy for you either because you were 17 years old and didn't know what to do, but when you took her in your arms, you got emotional. You never thought Joel was going to start a family with you because you two thought your union was a mistake. Well at least one of you thought so. Joel, even though you didn't think so, he fell in love with you from the first moment he saw it, yes you might have felt a liking too, but he never thought you would be a family. But glad you did. You were very happy with your daughter Sarah and you were happy with this situation. You swore you'd stand by them no matter what. You've just noticed the tears flowing while thinking about these. You looked at your photos over and over again in the photo album in your hand. What a beautiful family you were. You heard a knock on your bedroom door and you turned your head to see who was that. You were sure that Joel would be here in 20 mins so there was one person left in the house and that was Sarah.

"Hey mom, what are you doing here?" You immediately wiped the tears from your eyes and looked at her with a smile. You made a "come" sign so she could come and sit with you. "I was just looking to our photo album, it's been a year since this thing was touched. You wanna check it out?" Sarah sat down next to you with that and took the album from you and began to look curiously.

"Even though we looked at this for a thousand times, I guess we just miss those times, right?" You leaned forward a little and smelled her hair. You were touched but you didn't want to show her. You didn't want to spoil this beautiful moment. But Sarah understood this, she was no longer a little girl. She turned her head towards you and kissed your cheek. You smiled against that and pointed her to look at the album. "I just wonder, how dad and you met. I mean you guys never told me anything about it." Yes, you had never spoken of such a thing before, because you never thought that Sarah might be interested of it and of course, another reason was that Joel and you were always busy.

" But I do know that you met in high school, was that just a teenage love back then or did you guys really love each other? "

You smiled at that and grabbed her hand and brought it to your lips. You put a small kiss to her hand and began to tell your story;

" Well, I met with your dad in high school like you said. One of his friend, Aisha , was my friend too so she told me he likes me but he didn't say anything when we first met. Of course I was looking at him in school corridors because he was an handsome boy but I didn't know that he knew me. It went awkward but soon we were just talking about life, how's school etc. Back then, I guess it was just a teenage stuff. We used to go to cafés and obviously he always bought a coffee for himself " ( you chuckled at this but continued anyway ) " We were having so much fun , talking and it seemed like this thing between us is going to last forever. I was talking to his friends and he was talking to mine it went on and on. We didn't even say that we love each other because I think we both knew but scared as hell to talk about it. We were shy and didn't know what we were doing. One time, we lost the track of time and sat in a café for God knows how long. Mom called me to come back home saying 'It's already late, where are you!? 'I was like 'I'm sitting with my boyfriend' and yeah that's when it clicked for both of us. That's when we knew that wasn't just a teenage stuff we're doing. Later that night, I sat in my room thinking maybe we could be a family but it sounded so stupid so I shrugged my thoughts away but little did I know that your dad had been thinking about it. When we were together, time would flew so quickly, butterflies everywhere on our stomach. " When you completed your speech, you looked at Sarah and smiled because she was so shocked.

" Wow!! I mean I didn't even think you guys did all of this. It sounds so beautiful! And magical " you laughed at that statement and decided to get up because you knew your husband, Joel , will be home soon.

" Well that's my own story to tell, you can hear from your dad if you want. "

" Hell yeah! I mean yeah. Sorry. I want to hear from him. I bet he's going to tell me how much he loved you for a thousand times "

" Well, it was true for both of us, still it's true for both of us. Even you. We love you so much and we're so glad to have you in our lives. "

 Tears were dropping from your eyes as you held her tightly even than before. That was so true that you loved both of them. You would do anything for them and same thing goes for them too. You have a beautiful family and there's no way that you're going to lose it.