018

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN!
crazy

Hours pass, and Annette lets them as she keeps herself secluded in the composer of her bedroom. she didn't have plans today and as it happens to be, she didn't want any in the first place. it was a bad habit that she has, to lock herself away when she is stressed. she might not know where the source of the stress is but her only goal is to get rid of it.

"You can't possibly be crying over him" Rhonda snorts, messing around with the books and notes that have been laid out on Annette's bed. while Annette has her head engulfed in a pillow.

"im not" she replies hastily. but rhonda didn't believe it, and even if she did, she concludes that there was something else bothering the girl.

"let me see your face then" Rhonda retorts, smacking the back of Annette's head.

"now what" Annette snickers, as she lifts her face from her blue embroidered pillow.

"now....your going to tell me whats up with you" Rhonda finalizes, as she sits upright. using the headboard of the bed as support.

Annette was thankful for Rhonda arriving before she could drive herself mad, just by pondering upon the unnecessary. sometimes it seems like that's all she does, she is aware how damaging it could be. she wouldn't be surprised if it had already done that.

"nothing, really. just thinking"

 Annette really wasn't sure how to summarize it all, but lately she hasn't been able to collect her thoughts. she felt a complete mess, or at least not as coordinated as she used to be. it was as though she was behind on schedule.

"then that leads us to the question, about what" Rhonda replies.

"many, many things" Annette sighs dramatically, Rhonda follows along.

"oh what a pity, to be alive" she groans. "the heartache"

less than a minute of her arrival and she had managed to lift Annette's spirits. she had distanced herself from her friends, not fully of course. even her consciousness wouldn't be able to handle such a thing. it was more like a rehabilitation. it might sound foolish but it wouldn't hurt to have a little time to yourself.

"the pain" Annette whines, flopping her upper body onto Rhonda. "such a shame"

they lay like that for a bit, staying into character before Rhonda breaks the silence with the classic "and scene" 

"we should be actors" Rhonda jokes, sitting up once again and grabbing a pillow from behind her and hugging it.

"all I see in front of me is the next Audrey Hepburn" Annette laughs.

"oui oui, mademoiselle" 

_

Annette finds herself wandering the aisles of a convenient store near by, searching for a packet of gum, as well as a candy bar for Tyler. she has specific orders to get a butterfingers bar, but she couldn't seem to find any. perhaps they are out of stock. she began to disassociate herself, supposedly hoping it would help her search.

she couldn't hear the footsteps that trailed behind her, and she didn't notice the presence of anyone until two arms wrapped around her. 

"boo!"

"oh my- dallas!" Annette shouts, slapping the boys arm as he laughs as she continues to strike him out of annoyance. she finally stops and glares at him, trying to regain her breath from the scare.

"i hate you" she mumbles, walking towards a different aisle from which they first were.

"oh please, you're crazy about me" he replies with a sly smirk, putting his arm around the girl, leading her to the cashier area where he grabs a few packs of cigarettes and slides them into his jacket pocket while putting two more on the table.

"am i?"

"yeah, you are" he says, looking down at the girl.

Annette looks through the other candy options that are stacked under the cashier table. her eyes glide from left to right, soon growing frustrated at the unnerving task before spotting Tyler's bar. letting out a scoff as she grabs one and sets it on the table along with the gum she already had picked up.

dallas takes out two quarters, not waiting for the cashier to get a hold of the money before taking back his items and waiting for Annette to do the same before they leave the establishment.

Annette watches as he stuffs the cigarette packs into a pocket and takes out a different pack from the other, realizing what he had done.

"you're out of your mind"

End of chapter 018