07

CHAPTER SEVEN!
library

Annette walked down the aisle of the library, gliding her finger on the spines of the books. Searching for a specific title.

Her English teacher gave her a suggestion just last year, to kill a mockingbird. It was deemed to be a sad story which is the main reason why Annette had put it off for so long. there isnt a problem with books like such but Annette prefers fantasy books. Like a wrinkle in time, a classmate of her's suggested it and she absolutely fell in love.

But as of right now, Annette has braced herself for the worst. she ran out of books to read so this was more of a last resort to her.

once she had found the book and checked it out, she found herself walking. with no true destination, but the weather was especially nice today. it is common for the air around to be scolding, though today had a nice breeze drifting on by.

she opens up the book, skimming threw first page as well as flipping to the last page. She soon stumbled upon a bench, she decided that she should just start the book now. She had no reason to head home quite yet so why not?

She sat herself down and began.

"When he was nearly thirteen, my brother Jem got his arm badly broken at the elbow. When it healed, and Jem's fears of never being able to play football were assuaged, he was seldom self- conscious about his injury"

__
To her own surprise, Annette was enjoying it. Hanging on every word on the pages. Time went by, she didn't even realize that it had been an hour since she's sat down.

She flipped a page, revealing the 5th chapter of the book. Before she could even commence her reading, someone sat down right beside her.

She didn't think much of it, there wasn't many benches around, and it didn't bother her anyway. That was until the stench of a cigarette made its way to her.

She scrunched her nose in response to the smell. At first she hadn't even taken a glance at the individual but now she couldn't help it.

Despite her better judgment, she turned to the person. Her eyes growing wide, seeing the one person had it out for. Dallas Winston.

She was aware that this was her chance to confront him but she couldn't find the confidence in her, especially now that he had made eye contact with her.

She looked away and down at her book, rethinking her choices leading up to this moment. She folded the corner of her book, closing and standing up.

She mentally cursed herself for her being so uncoordinated. She knew new full well that should have done more. Maybe she will.

Just not today.

End of chapter 07