Love, Lena

Everyone deserves a great love story, but for 17-year-old Lena Luthor, it's a little more complicated. She hasn't told her family or friends that she's gay, and she doesn't know the identity of the anonymous classmate that she's fallen for online.

Love Simon, but everyone is gay?
_____________________________________________

National City, August

Dear Supergirl,

I'm so glad you like playing chess too. Maybe we could play someday? (If you're ready to get your ass beat)

Remember how I told you that my brother got mad at me for solving his formula  problem? Well, he's been asking me to help him officially now because apparently my formula helped him stabilise the power source he needed. Keep an eye out for my tech. One of these days, I'll be famous!

Mother has been everything but supportive about my choices in colleges, but it's whatever. You believe in me, and that's all that counts.

Will you tell me whether or not you got caught on the roof ? I'm dying with curiosity!

Love,
Crazy scientist

National City, August

Dear Crazy scientist,

You know I could beat you easily. Don't even try. If you win, it would be because I let you :P

I'm giddy with joy when I think of seeing your name on like a blow-dryer or something (you still won't tell me what you and your brother are working, so I'll have to assume). I told you you could do it!

*sigh* No offence, your mother sounds like a handfull. It's not like mine is any better... life isn't exactly working in my favour at the moment. The only good thing I have going on is you.

Well, I didn't get caught being ON the roof! Just when I got off. And let me tell you that my father was so impressed at how I got up there, my sister said so! He didn't get to tell me himself. Mother intervened and gave me a speech about how I could have fallen off or something.

I have to go now, my sister wants to make cookies! Looking forward to your mail tomorrow!

Love,
Supergirl

Lena Luthor hates the place she lives at. The suburbs of National city aren't exactly ideal. Her mother keeps reminding her how they could live in a mansion had their father not abandoned them.

Another reason why Lena Luthor hates the suburbs is because she's a lesbian, and no-one knows. Being gay isn't forbidden here but it is frowned upon. She's known for almost 10 years now. She's close with her brother Lex, she loves him dearly, but he doesn't know either.

She's got two best friends, Samantha Arias and Veronica Sinclaire whom She's known basically her whole life. Recently the new girl in town, Andrea Rojas drove with them to and from school. It was convenient since Andrea moved into the house next to Lena's.

Being out in National City wasn't something you'd want, there were too many homophobic people. It didn't help that her parents' divorce was the talk of the town at the moment either.