A Drunken Confession

(Original drawing that inspired this one shot:
https://twitter.com/stargering/status/1366901588439220230?s=21)

* * * * * * * * * *

It was not often that anyone in the Survey Corps got a day off due to the busy lifestyle being in the military provided, but it was especially rare for high ranking officers to get any time off at all as they generally had more work to do. When they did get a change to go and relax however, they always took it.

Commander Erwin, Captain Levi, Section Commander Hange, Moblit, and Mike were all heading to the local town near their headquarters as they had gotten time off that night. There was a bar that they frequented during these sparse moments of freedom and were heading there for the night.

"I can't wait to see Martin again," Hange said," we haven't seen him in months."

"We've all been so busy recently that we haven't been able to go out for drinks," Erwin responded," it'll be good to see him again and relax."

"I wonder if he has anything new on the drink menu. I need something strong tonight."

"You better not drink too much. I'm not taking care of your drunk ass again," Levi retorted sarcastically.

"Hey I wasn't that bad last time," Hange pouted.

"You vomited in four different parts of the hallway and could barely walk at all. I had to take you to your room, forcefully bathe you, make sure you stayed in your room, and then had to clean up your shit," Levi explained a bit spitefully.

"Ah you're right about that..." Hange said nervously while rubbing the back of their head.

"If anyone needs something strong then it'd be Moblit or Levi," Mike said.

"Why Moblit?" Hange asked.

"Because he has to suffer through being your assistant."

"Ehhhh?! I'm not that bad!" Hange protested.

Mike smirked and looked out the window of the carriage. Hange pouted and then turned their attention back to the others.

"Anyways...I agree on getting something strong for Levi to drink tonight," Hange said.

"Tch. Why do I need to get something strong?" Levi asked.

"Because you never get drunk and it would be good for you to let loose for once."

"I don't need to suffer through a splitting headache in the morning when I have a lot of shit to do."

"Come on Levi. If you did have a bad hangover then Erwin would surely let you take a break from work and nurse you back to health."

Erwin's face became a pink color and he quickly looked away. Levi's eyes widened and then his normal frown deepened. He glared daggers into Hange's soul.

"The hell are you on about?" He asked.

"Nothing nothing," they said nervously," anyways it seems that we're here."

The horses pulling the carriage came to a stop. All five of the veteran soldiers got out and walked towards the building. They entered and sat at their normal table off in the corner. Hange, Moblit, and Mike sat on one side of the booth while Erwin and Levi sat on the other.

"Hey! There are my favorite soldiers!"

A slightly chubby man walked over to their booth and smiled widely as he greeted them. Hange got up and patted the man on the back.

"Heyo Martin! Been a while huh?"

"It has been. What happened? Y'all said you'd come back in within a month but it's been at least three."