Chapter 6 | Torcher

What are you doing right now? - me

Why do you want to know? - Hanako

Are you talking back to your master? Shame on you! - me

Okay, okay, I'm sorry. I'm returning things that the Mokke have stolen. - Hanako

Great! Now stop! I want orange juice. Go buy me one from the vending machine. - me

What?! But I haven't finished returning everything! - Hanako

Aw that's too bad, now hurry up. I'm in class 206. Don't keep me waiting. - me

10 minutes later.

"Here's your orange juice, your highness." Hanako says flatly. He had a big, bright pink bag on his back that looked like it was filled to the brim with items. So in short, he looked stupid.

What took you so long huh? "Excuse me?" Well you know, I've been waiting here for a long time so I was just wondering what took you so long to get me an orange juice. Hanako furrowed his eyebrows in disbelief.

"Well for one, I was stuck in a tree on the other side of the school and two, I may be a supernatural but I'm not invincible!" I don't like that attitude! "What do you want from me!" Hanako whines.

Well, as a punishment, you must keep me company for the rest of this period. "What?!" What do you mean "What?"? Take your little imaginary seat next to me and keep me company. Is it that hard to wrap your head around?

"But I-" Great! I don't care! Now sit down. Hanako stutters for a moment before sighing miserably and taking his non-existent seat next to me.

I smile. World history class can finally be entertaining.

Hanako sets his bright pink bag down on the ground. I pick it up. "Hey! There are things I need to return in there!" I completely ignore the worried boy and start to dig through the bright pink bag (note to self, mock Hanako about the color later).

Notebooks, pencil cases, erasers, a few phones, some water bottles, and.... a window?! "Some kid wanted to open a window to let some air in. They almost fell out of the window." Hanako says.

I stare at the window in disbelief. The glass and the frame were there and everything. The Mokke just brought pranking to a whole nother level. "(Y/n)? Are you okay?" the teacher asks. Crap.

"Um, yeah! I just, uh, found this notebook on the ground." I say grabbing the familiar looking notebook from out of the bag. "Hey, that's my math notebook!" some kid in the back says. "How'd it end up over there?"

"Dunno," I say, returning the notebook back to the boy. "I might be the work of Yousei. You should bring some candy with you to school next time." The boy nods and thanks me before sitting down again.

"Nice cover!" Hanako says giving me a thumbs up. You shut up. "Sorry."

I secretly continue digging through the bag, putting a few selected notebooks in my bag, and decide to actually pay attention. I could feel the ghost boy beside me getting restless. I ignored it obviously.

Hanako was getting more and more impatient by the second. His constant shuffling made me impatient. My braid got messed up at lunch. Rebraid it. Hanako happily obeyed. I was honestly expecting him to not know how to braid hair but he was surprisingly good. Apparently girls go into the bathroom to fix their hair a lot.

"How did your hair get so messed up anyways, (y/n)? It looks like bed hair!" Hanako exclaims. I roll my eyes. Some boy threw that precious girlfriend of your's brooch into a tree. I went to go get it for her since she can't be trusted climbing trees.