Chapter 9 | Wild Goose chase

"Anything?" Teru asks as Hanako waltzes out of the meeting. "No... None of them have heard anything! It's like she vanished. Hakojoudai has searched the entire school. She must be in a boundary." Hanako says.

"How many boundaries are there?" Yashiro asks. "Thousands, if not millions. Me and her don't have a bond like Yashiro and I do so it's not like I could find her that easily. And my Hakujoudai can't enter that many boundaries at once. Only a few a day."

The stress levels were rising by the second. "Well, she's unable to contact you right? So maybe it's like that boundary with the doors!" Yashiro says, remembering her not so pleasant trip. "Maybe, but some boundaries are just too deep for her messages to reach us too." Hanako says.

"Then, where would she be? If she can go into all of the boundaries then which one would it be?" Yashiro asks, desperately trying to help in some way shape or form. "We don't know! Tsukasa could've taken her to anywhere of his liking! We have NO LEADS!" Hanako shouts in rage.

Teru blinks. "Impossible. (Y/n) is as smart as they come. She would never leave us with nothing." He looks at Yashiro. "The last day you saw her, did she say anything out of the blue? Abnormal? Or perhaps when she was giving you the bracelet?"

Yashiro thinks for a moment. "Now that you mention it, yes! That day, she came into school really sad. She said that she missed her mother. And she actually participated in art class too! She drew a masterpiece! And when she was giving me this bracelet, she said it was originally her mothers!"

"So her mother! Yes! We have a lead! Minamoto, can you bring us to her mother's grave?" Hanako said. Teru looks at them. "Her mother doesn't have a grave. Her mother vanished. (Y/n) claimed she was dead but her mother's clothes and everything still remain." Hanako's eyes widened,

Yashiro gave them a confused look. "When an apparition dies, everything they own disappears with them. Their clothes especially. For an apparition's clothes to still remain is almost impossible." Hanako explains.

"Hey Yashiro, did (y/n) finish her drawing?" Teru asks. "Yes! She worked really hard on it!" Yashiros says. "Perfect! Can you bring us there?" "Sure!"

The 3 walk up to the art room. "It's this one!" Yashiro says, pointing at a drawing hanging on the wall. It was of a beautiful tree with pink flowers isolated in a place filled with water.

Teru studies the picture for a while. "Anything?" Hanako asks Teru. "I think... It's... It's the grave boundary!" he says, remembering. "We put her father's grave next to that tree. She said this kind was her mother's favorite kind of tree and that's why her father's grave was put there."

Yashiro's expression softens. "She really loved her mother huh?" "I guess so. Nicely drawn too." Hanako points out. "It looks just like the style her mother would draw in when she was alive..." Teru says.

"Well, let's go to the boundary!" Yashiro says. Hanako nods in agreement. Teru follows along silently.

Time Skip!

"Here we are." Teru says. "This is the grave." It was a small average grave with a bouquet of flowers on it. All the grave said was the name of her father and how long he was alive and how long he lived as a supernatural.

The 3 circle around the grave. Yashiro bends down and pokes through the flowers. "The flowers are so pretty!" "It's not time to admire the decor Yashiro." Hanako says flatly. Yashiro looks up at the boy, obviously hurt, and takes her hand out of the flowers.

A note slips out of the flowers. Teru picks it up and reads it aloud. "Hello my dearest Patrick. I miss you. I love you. I'm glad we were able to spend our lives together. You made me the happiest woman alive. Love Rena."

"Is Rena her moms name?" Yashiro asks. "Yes," Teru says. "But if her father died after her mother did, then how could she visit his grave?" Yashiro asks. Something clicks in Teru's mind, and he smiles. "What's with the smile?" Hanako asks.

"I think I just figured out where she is."