Chapter 8 | Gone

Third person point of view

"Yashiro!" "M-M-Minamoto-senpai?" Yashiro stutters. "Please come with me. We have a dire emergency!" "O-Oh um sure!"

Teru and Yashiro run towards the old school building. The bell rings for homeroom but Teru completely ignores it. "Minamoto-senpai, what's wrong?" she asked as they approached the girls bathroom.

Kou and Hanako were in there, pacing back and forward. "Yashiro! You're okay!" Hanako says, relieved. The ghost boy forces the girl into a big hug. "W-w-what?" Yashiro says, blushing.

"Last night, (y/n) did not come home. Apparently right before she disappeared, she tried to thought message Hanako but it didn't go through." Kou says. "Yeah, and knowing her power, it should go through every time. We think she was captured by a supernatural." Teru said. "Oh no!" Yashiro exclaims.

"The worst part about it is that it's (y/n). They could have so many reasons to capture her." Hanako says, not letting go of Yashiro. "They could want her for her powers, or to get back at the Minamoto family, or in the worst case scenario, to get to me."

"What do we do then?" Yashiro asks. "Well, you were her best friend. She tells you just about anything! Do you know of anything she did that seemed off? Did she ever give you anything?" Teru says.

"Well... her parents were always a sensitive topic for her. Especially her mother." Yashiro thinks aloud. "And she was amazing at history! She never liked it because it was boring to her because it was almost like she knew everything before the teacher even taught us! She was also amazing at art! She could draw like a professional but she never did. She always seemed so sad when she drew."

"Her mother was an artist so that might explain that." Teru comments. "Anything else?" Kou asks. "Well... I lost my favorite bracelet yesterday so she gave me this one to replace it." Yashiro says, showing them the bright orange bracelet.

Everybody gaped at the bracelet. "W-what?" Yashiro stutters. Teru grabs Yashiro's wrist to get a better look at the bracelet. "No doubt about it. It's that bracelet." "What bracelet?" Yashiro asks, getting more worried by the second.

"This is the bracelet I gave (y/n) when she went to confront No.7. It's a powerful protection charm. As a matter of fact, it's the most powerful protection charm in our family. It's ancient. And she gave it to you." Teru says, letting go of Yashiro's wrist.

Yashiro's mouth drops open. "She obviously knew that she was going to be captured really soon so she gave the protection charm to Yashiro to protect her." Hanako observes. "But why would she do that? Her spiritual powers are all harmless! She doesn't have the ability to defend or attack!" Kou nearly shouts.

"She was obviously more worried about the supernatural getting Yashiro than it getting her." Teru thinks, calmly. "Hey Yashiro, don't cry!" Hanako says. Everybody turns to look at the weeping girl.

"Stupid (y/n)!" Yashiro mutters as she wipes away her tears. "She's always putting everybody else above herself! Everybody else always has to be first! She has to take care of herself! Stupid (y/n)..." Yashiro falls to her knees.

Hanako hugs Yashiro. "There there, don't cry." He looks up at the two Minamoto. They look at each other and both nod. The supernatural's target was definitely Hanako.

Teru walks over to Yashiro and kneels down. "Hey Yashiro, I need you to keep that bracelet for the time being okay? It looks good on you!" he says with a kind smile.

Yashiro looks up at the handsome boy. She nods a yes through her tears. Teru smiles and stands up. Hanako was looking at the window, he seemed bothered.

"Don't worry Hanako. She won't say anything. You can trust her." Teru says. Hanako blinks. "Yeah, I know." he says, still looking bothered. Teru blinks.

"Kou, Yashiro, you two should head back to class. Kou be a gentleman and walk Yashiro to her classroom please." Kou agrees and the two walk out of the girls bathroom.

Hanako sits on the windowsill, his legs crossed. "You know who it is?" Teru asks, putting his back against a wall. Neither look at each other. "Tsukasa. He wants to use her." Hanako says.

"Is that the only reason you're so bothered?" "Tsukasa is powerful. He could kill her." "And since when do you care about anybody besides your darling Yashiro?" Teru asks, accusingly.

"She has valuable information." "Which she's going to take to her grave. You know that." Hanako pauses before nodding and refusing to say anymore. Teru sighs.

"Yashiro is going to be safe at school with the protection charm on her. I'll tell Kou to stop coming to school. Everyone will be fine as long as we find (y/n)." Teru says.

"I'll find her." Hanako says.

"Even if it's the last thing I'll do."

"I know you will. Just don't do anything extreme." Teru says. "No promises." "Oh really?" "Okay I promise!"

Teru responds with a "good" before walking out of the girls bathroom. He sighs. Teru knew that if he didn't keep a good eye on Hanako, he might really risk a life or two to save her. He would know for...

Hanako has fallen under the same charm he has.