10

What the heck is a "protector"? I'm starting to panic like I was in the hospital room except it's not like I'm a caged animal, but I NEED to leave her presence. She gives me the chills and makes my head feel fuzzy. Why does she have an aura?
"Can you tell me how to get out of this place?" I ask her. Her eyes are piercing my soul. I start to examine her and see that she has some black mark on her wrists. Tattoos? They're like dragons, wrapping around each of her wrists.

"I cannot tell you that information," she says.

"Why?"

"Because it's a mystery."

A mystery? I feel around in my pockets and find the black box. "Why?"

"Because nobody knows how mysterious strange people end up on this hard substance," Christie says. She's starting to become mad and impatient. Her hands are in her pockets.

"Hard substance? This is a rock," I say to her, pointing to the rock underneath us. I still have my phone in my hand, shining the light on her so I can keep my eye on her. I'm still scared that she might attack me any second. But she doesn't. Maybe I ended up in a different dimension or a different time. Like the future. "Why is it so dark?"

"Because the Sun burned out 10 years ago."

Okay so I know why it's dark and that I'm still in a place that's relatively similar to Earth.
"What is this place called?"

"Earthe."

No way. I can't believe this. "What year is it?"

"5025."

It's been three centuries? I've got to get out of here. I suddenly throw my Exacto knife at her, just above her left shoulder. She catches it and has an angry expression. She's in an attack stance an is about to attack me.

"You shouldn't mess with me Peter," she threatened. I couldn't even register what happened. She threw the knife at me just as I flipped the switch and disappeared.