31

We end up back in The Shaft, but only in the exact middle of it.

"You don't have a black box though!" I tell him. It was kinda louder than I expected and echoed against the walls. Every person doing their daily business stopped and stared.

Noah gives me a hard glare. "Shut up. Let's talk about this in my lab."

He leads us over to his lab through the many hallways to get there. We walk in and it's even messier than it was when we first got here.

"Do you ever clean?" I ask him.

"I don't have the time," he says and shuffled through his stacks and stacks of papers. "Have a seat."

"Where?"

"Wherever."

Everyone finds a reasonable comfortable sitting area.

"Will we ever go back?" asks Kevin.

"No," says Noah, still not making eye contact.

"Darn. I was about to beat a video game on my computer," he replies and elbows Adam in the side. "Get it?" He lifts his eyebrows.

"Yeah I get it now stop poking me with your pointy elbow." Adam pushes Kevin's elbow away.

"We will train immediately," says Noah, finally getting a stack of paper and sorting through it. He goes to the far wall next to a bookshelf and presses a purple button.

A couple of minutes later, two people walk in. It's a girl and a guy about the same age as Navi. Both of them are wearing black, like everyone else here.

The girl's a little taller than me. She has shoulder length auburn hair and bright green eyes. She's wearing a t-shirt, leggings, and combat boots, black of course. She also has tattoos of vines and leaves all over her arms, ankles, fingers, and neck. She isn't equipped with any weapons which makes me uneasy.

The guy's a little different from everyone else. He has dark skin. He has white spiky hair like Adam's and has gray eyes. He's wearing the same clothes as the girl but has black construction worker-like boots on instead and black pants. He's not equipped either. He also has tattoos. Does everyone here have tattoos? They're flames on his arms and legs, licking his black pant legs and arms. He has a flaming silver ring on his finger.

"Glad you can join us Isaiah and Feye," says Noah, greeting the two people.

"What do you need us to do?" asks the guy named Isaiah.

"Train these teens how to fight," replies Noah.

"Immediately?"

"Yes."

"Come with us," says the girl named Feye and she walks out of Noah's lab with Navi and Isaiah.

"Go. Now," says Noah, pointing to the door.

My friends and I run out of the room after them.