𝘰𝘯𝘦. 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃
(𝖬𝖠𝖱𝖢𝖴𝖲 𝖡𝖠𝖪𝖤𝖱 !)
𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖮𝖭𝖤: 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Ginny and Marcus sat on the bathroom floor, talking about Ginny's life.

"Voices in your head? Yikes you should probably get that looked at" Marcus jokes making Ginny send him a glare. "No, yeah i get it. Wellsbury sucks"

Ginny looks over at the boy who simply looks down, playing with a bracelet that was on his wrist.

"No it doesn't. I'm still figuring it out but i've lived in a lot of places and Wellsbury does not suck" Ginny retorts, Marcus doesn't reply. He simply keeps toying with the bracelet, avoiding eye contact at all costs.

"This is the first place I've lived where it's cool to be smart and they want you to succeed" She adds

Marcus simply shakes his head in disagreement

"No they want you to fit into a little predetermined box. If you don't take seven ap classes they label you a problem. Join aderall and klonopin until you join the ski team."

"You have a mom and a dad, a nice house, and the ability to pursue literally any of your interests. Check your privilege. Your biggest problem is ski team-" Ginny speaks making him raise an eyebrow

"So i don't have any valid problems because i live in wellsbury?" Marcus cuts her off, becoming slightly inquisitive as to how someone who knew little to nothing about him had so much knowledge on what his problems were.

"I didn't say that" Ginny tries to backtrack making Marcus roll his eyes

"Yeah you sorta did" Marcus shook his head "My uh, best friend died last year." He tells her, his voice cracking as he spoke "She got into a car accident, the driver made it but she — she didn't." Marcus started

"I'm sorry" Ginny apologizes while pushing a piece of her hair behind her ear. Embarrassed about the assumption she made about Marcus prior.

"It's fine. I'd like to believe she's at peace, probably somewhere in New York, painting away. She loved that place with all her heart, the funniest part about it is she'd never been." He whispers the last part, it being more to himself than her.

"What was her name?" Ginny questions, making Marcus look up once more "Harlow, Harlow Reed." He answers, it's been a while since he's said her name aloud. Of course people talked about her around him, offering their slightly meaningless condolences, he had only mindlessly agreed with them with the at peace and everything happening for a reason bullshit.

He particularly hates the everything happens for a reason. Because what do you mean by that?

There was a moment of silence before Ginny speaks up "How long had you guys been friends?"

"Our whole lives, one of her dads was friends with my mom. We were kinda inseparable." There was no kinda about it, they definitely were.