𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯. 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘺

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃
(𝘔𝘈𝘙𝘊𝘜𝘚 𝘉𝘈𝘒𝘌𝘙 !)
𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖳𝖧𝖨𝖱𝖳𝖤𝖤𝖭: 𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐘
(listen to the song while reading and make sure you read the author's note :))
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲

"She died a couple hours later. I was holding her hand as she flatlined." Marcus told Ginny who now had tears all over her face.

"I'm so sorry, Marcus. She sounds like she was a great person." Ginny told him.

"Yeah well sometimes bad things happen to great people." Marcus said as he stood up. Truth is, that was the first time he's ever told anyone the whole story and he didn't know how he was feeling.

"Do her dads still live in Wellsbury?" She asked.

"They still have the house, but they try to be as far away from it as possible. Too many memories. I have a key though, and they gave me permission to go in whenever."

Ginny nodded in understanding "What happened to the other person in the crash?"

Marcus thought back to his last encounter with Leo, it only made his brain hurt.

𝗳𝗹𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸

Leo went into the hospital where Harlow was and tried to see her but Marcus happened to be in the hallway.

Leo had bruising on his face and crutches but other than that he was fine. Harlow's side of the car had taken most of the impact.

"Listen I know you probably hate me, but I just want to know if she's okay. Tell me she's okay." Leo pleaded as if his life had depended on it.

Marcus felt so much anger towards Leo, not only because of the accident. But because he hurt her before like it was nothing. "No she's not. She's not going to make it." He spoke dryly, trying to walk away but Leo stopped him.

"I know you don't like me but you have to believe me when I say I didn't mean to crash the car." Leo told him.

"I know you didn't, I don't blame you for that. But I do blame you for playing my best friend. The truth is Leo, you didn't deserve to know her like that. You didn't deserve to know the small things about her that made her so special." Marcus took a pause before continuing, needing to gather all that he wanted to say.

"You didn't deserve Harlow. And now you have to live with that for the rest of your life. This might be harsh but I have a strong feeling that you haven't felt real guilt until now. You only feel it because you know she's not going to make it and you could only offer her a pity ass apology."

"I liked her too you know!" Leo began getting angry, angry that Marcus was poking at his conscious.

"Well I guess that's the difference between you and I because I am shamelessly and utterly in love with her."

𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝗳𝗹𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸

"He went to some boarding school." Marcus shrugged.