𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦. 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃
(𝘔𝘈𝘙𝘊𝘜𝘚 𝘉𝘈𝘒𝘌𝘙 !)
𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖳𝖧𝖱𝖤𝖤: 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐘

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

It was now Monday and Marcus still had planned on telling Harlow the truth after school.

Right now Marcus was sitting in his english class, patiently waiting for the bell to go off so he could be in better company. Within five minutes the bell rung

"Finally." Marcus muttered. He quickly grabbed his bag and went out the door. "Looking for Harls?" He heard Max ask as she walked beside him "Yeah, you seen her?"

"She was with Leo Hill, outside of geometry." Max told him. "What would she being doing with him?" Marcus questioned aloud.

Leo Hill was a point guard on the basketball team and mostly hung around a bunch of jocks. Marcus had only spoken to him once or twice in passing.

"I was wondering the same thing but hey man, I'm just the messenger, have fun. I'll see you at home later." Max pushed his shoulder lightly before leaving his side. Marcus walked over to her locker waiting for her.

"Hey Elmo." Harlow walked up to him with a big smile on her face "Hey Gremlin, what's got you smiling?"

"Leo Hill just asked me on a date.". A small smile found itself on her face, making her cheeks appear chubby.

It was right then and there where Marcus felt his heart ache, he was too late.

'Of course' Marcus thought to himself. He wasn't stupid. Harlow was beautiful and anyone with eyes could see that. It wouldn't have been too long before someone else figured that out as well and beat him to it.

He wanted to say so much, tell her the truth about the feelings he had for her. Tell her how much he loved her, but Leo had beat him to it.

But despite his own feelings he couldn't ruin the moment for her, so he simply gave her a smile.

Oh how he wanted to do anything but smile at the moment.

"I'm happy for you, Gremlin, though i might need to have a conversation with him to make sure he knows who he's dealing with." Marcus tried his best to sound enthusiastic.

"Nope, but you can help me find an outfit for Wednesday." She looked at him with pleading eyes, she hated going shopping alone.

He looked uninterested and stared at his shoes instead of meeting her gaze.

"Cmon, I'll buy you a cinnamon twist from Auntie Anne's" Harlow offered. Hoping to get him to change his mind

"i'm only coming because i want the cinnamon twist" Marcus rolled his eyes before following the girl out of the school doors "my mom is having dinner tonight, you coming over?" marcus asked

"of course, it's meatloaf monday at your house. plus i miss your mom, she's my favorite baker"

"you've got to be kidding" Marcus protested but Harlow simply laughed before placing her skateboard on the ground and pushing off with her foot "let's go elmo"

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Marcus and Harlow sat in Marcus' room. harlow sprawled out on the bed and marcus on his desk chair "Harlow!"