Chapter 5

(Actually, I have nothing important to say)

I really had problem releasing chapter 4. I was not also able to do proper editing so there were a few errors there. I noticed late. But nevertheless, hope you enjoyed it?
This chapters are coming later than they should. I am really sorry🙏🙏🙏. Now, let's start business fully.

“So finally, you are both acting mature and doing the needful”. Manuela said standing up at Mirabelle’s front, eyes wide open

“And I thought you said nothing can ever happen” Jasmine added. “Forever sisters, no Misters” she wiggled her two index fingers slowly to show quotation.

“I never said nothing can ever happen. In fact, he was the one that said nothing can ever happen. Remember? All I said was sisters before misters. Our period for sisters is over. This is the period for misters”

I listened to their excitement with shattered mood. How on earth! I immediately lost my appetite and started pushing my bacon round my plate till Mirabelle’s “you can now talk Sally”

Hell! How have I not thought of something to say earlier?

“Actually I have nothing important to say. I have nothing at all to say. I was just joking. I was trying to playfully interrupt Mirabelle” I tried not to stutter and I doubt if any of what I said made the least sense.

“You are a real dumbass. Then why the suspense? I was thinking maybe you had good news” Angela queried. Either sincerely or playfully, I did not care.

“Maybe Mendes told her he likes her” Jasmine said

“Stop it. I will take that joke as being expensive”. All I wanted to do was to just be alone in my room and hide my fears, worries, sadness and I under my thick blanket.

The others finished their food. Even Daniela finished her food. I was the only one that did not. I did not take a single spoon. After learning that red spiky hair and Mirabelle are dating, I could not just eat again. I had to tell my friends that I am having a stomach upset which is not a lie. The news caused a stomach upset and cold from inside.

The first thing I did when I got to the hostel was to remove my sandals and lie on my bed, burying my head inside my pillow which was so bizarre. I did not care to take off my cloth. I was so hurt and jealous.
I like him
He likes my friend.

The realization was more than hurting that I tried to force it out of my head but I just kept seeing Mirabelle and red spiky hair. I remembered all my afternoon’s imagination and I just laughed. Not a laugh that would have caused comic relief, but the type that made me feels so stupid.

Jasmine entered the room and I think she was using her head. Not that I saw her, but the song coming from it was loud that I could hear it and she uses it almost all the time.

“What’s up with you”? She laid lazily on me in such a way that we formed a cross.

“I’m cool” I said absent mindedly. I just wanted her to stand up and leave. I was not in for a joke. At least not now that I am finding it difficult to calm my emotions down.

I spent the rest of the day reading novels and minding my business. I managed to eat that evening so that I will be saved of resurfacing questions.