Chapter 10

(lazy ass)

  Elizabeth Thompson back in Nigeria

"... You are a very bad tutor. You need to see the way i was looking dumb when my friends were talking about it" I opened the door of my room and sat lazily on the couch.

"Idiot. You could have googled it. You were not looking dumb. You are dumb."

"Don't cover your errors. Admit them. YOU ARE A BAD TUTOR." I enunciated the last five words.

"Hi" Jael's face popped up on the screen"let me be a poke noser. So, what is happening here."

"She is accusing me of not telling her about bonfire night." She pointed at the screen to indicate that she was talking about me.

"Of being a bad rabbi" I really love that word 'rabbi'. One of my teachers back in Nigeria told us to be calling him rabbi and i remembered that word now. Probably because he said it is a Hebrew word. I love foreign languages.

"... I love cheap thrills" Jasmine nearly screamed those words as she flung the door opened but quickly used her palm to cover her mouth. She peeped by straining her eyes and when she saw who i was skyping she shook her head and covered my front camera.
I love the informal part of her.

"That is for disrupting my singing."

"How do I do that?"

"You looked too serious that i thought you were making a formal call." She finally uncovered the camera

"I am not surprised. I know the fool I have as a sister." Jael said as she saw Jasmine

"You are the fool. I am in no mood for you today. Elizabeth, I missed you."

"I missed you too baby. How is school?"

"Fine. Very fine. Hope this idiot is not giving you problem?" Jasmine was obviously talking about Jael.

"I am trying. make sure you enjoy your night because school work starts tomorrow."

"Please can you not remind me?" Jasmine feigned a frown

"Lazy ass" I shoved her butt playfully.

"Please I need to use my phone. Time over" I said, wanting to hang up.

"Cheers! See you later." Jael said and I stopped skyping.

Jasmine went to her bed and picked something then, she left the room.

This girl really does not stay in the room. One if this days, I will tie her to one of the chairs or maybe her bed.

Today's night is bonfire night and i am really looking forward to it. I want to see what they do during their bonfire.
      *     *     *

"I love it when you call me seniôrita." I rubbed my eyes and looked at my phone. Holy shit. It uws already 2:30pm.

"Whoa. The time is already 14:30. Are you kidding me? It looks like i have not been awake for more than 10 minutes."

"And it is like I did not sleep for up to 10 minutes also. When did you wake up?" I felt really stupid after asking

"I woke up 13:30 but it feels like 10 minutes ago."

I stood up and went to wash my face and brush my teeth. Don't think I brush every afternoon. I am just in that spirit this afternoon. 

I checked my phone and saw that I have about 23 more minutes to go to the cafeteria. I laid on my bed and played 'episode choose your choice'. That will do till 3:00pm.

My friends and I got to the cafeteria a few minutes after 3:00.
We had Chips and ketchup for main dish and we took cheese cake for dessert.

"The cream in the cheese cake is too much." Daniela complained.

"Tell me the one that you can do right." Manuela looked irritated

"And did I apply as a chef?"

"Let's be glad she Is even complaining and she did not just walk out."

"I am in a playful mood today."

'Playful indeed.' I had to keep myself under control not to utter those words out. This is like the first thing I am hearing her say and she said she is in a playful mood. Even if I am under the weather, I will talk than this but am I doubting her words? Are there not days where I will not hear a word from her? So this must really be her playful mood.
I unconsciously sighed at the thought of being as quiet as Daniela. But despite her quietness, i noticed something.

I find it difficult to try not to respect her

So, how is this chapter? Damn... Daniela is just too much of a quiet girl. I mean...
A special thanks to my muse. Grace Mutiu. Though, she us not as quiet as Daniela, she too is way too quiet. I never said this is her life. Infact, not similar. She Is just my muse for Daniela.
And my Elizabeth character is also a friend. I am publicly thanking her for understanding.👏👏👏💝💞. She is meant to be my character for Sally.
Mercy Odejide, thank you very much😉😉😍.