chapter 11

(There is no tension anywhere, miss.)

Hey, i know this late. I am so sorry. Please bear with me. I hope the 16th spirit coming two days to this time will change a lot of things😛😍😍. Hapy reading 👍🏼👍🏼💓💕

When i say respect, i don't mean giving her some kind of honours like we are expected to do for our elders back in Nigeria. No! What i mean is that i give her the respect of someone i admire. We are not very close though. Infact, she is my least closest friend (as per the fact that i don't have much friends). I think many English girls and boys are not ready to relate with any Nigerian girl.

I looking at how she does things. I know people get irritated by it and don't even try to hide it but i can't just help loving it. You say but they are super formal in Britain? C'mon Daniela is an extrimist. In being formal,she is an extrimist. Funny enough, she is From America, not Britain.

I almost cannot imagine i felt very bad because if the sharp answer i gave her earlier. Not like she cannot do worse but i just think she is not doing hers as a way to be wicked. Maybe she is just suffering from something.

I tried to shrug the thought off my mind because i don't think she will like to be pitied and that is exactly what i am doing now.

We started off towards the hostel and i could not help the uncomfortable feeling when I saw Marcus and Mendes walking towards our direction. Marcus was coming to meet Mirabelle but what the hell is Menses coming to do. Probably just an accomplice.

I felt more uncomfortable when he stood adjacent Jasmine and i in a way that made it easy for him to be near Marcus.

It was like he did not notice me at the beginning but when he did, he flinched and moved back like i had a certain disease. I could not hide my frustration as it wrote itself clearly on my face, leaving me with no surprise when Mendes smirked like he was a wicked god.

I was more than relieved when Marcus started to walk away ans Mendes followed him loke his dog. I chuckled at the thought.

Anytime i see Miranda, i use to feel like sliting her throat" Mirabelle spat the words out in a way that showed disgust.

"and who is that?" I directed my question at no one, expecting to be shown someone in the enormous crowd but 'Miranda' surprised me.

"Kiki. So you dont know she is Miranda?"

"Are you serious? So which ine is her first name?" I opened my eyes wide, making them look like puppy's. This is the way i react to any news that flabbergasts me.

"Kiki is just a nickname. Hope you dont think swizy Ella and Don't are also their real names?"

"Wow. what are their names?"

"Swizy is Suzie. I even heard she is Susan. Ella is Julia and Don't is Sydney."

"So how come i did not know this before." I had been just too sure of their names before now.

"I really can't blame you. Almost no one calls them their real names."
     *     *      *

Finally, night came. No one was probably as excited as i am. I just wanted to know what an annual bonfire night in England will look like.