chapter 18

(Law of anti boredom)

I switched off my alarm and slammed my phone on my bed. It was not like it was my phone or my alarm that was getting me riled up. It was just the  realisation that dawned on me as i unhatched my consciousness.

It is exam period. I still really need to know the fool that said we should start exams. I will really cut off his/her head. Which paper do we even have today.

And... Why is my memory not responding? Which paper... Then a new realisation hit me.
I AM DONE WITH MY EXAMS.

I jumped down from my bed and almost started dancing but controlled it so that if anyone enters the room abruptly, the person will not think i have gone nut.

I rushed to grab my towel but then, something else came to my mind.
What will i be doing?? I still have about, i guess two weeks and i don't know what i will do for about two weeks, if i am right.

While in the bathroom, i splashed water on my body. Oh you are thinking that what else was i meant to do there? I just tried to sugarcoat what i did. I showered. I was too lazy to use sponge or soap.

I wore a purple crop top and... I looked for what to wear. Then boom. I remembered yesterday. Did i actually wear a bump short to dinner? Wow.

Wait... Marcus told me i was looking good or something like that. I remember that part. He actually said it.

Oh God. What a great imaginator i am!!! What am i still doing. I should be in movie industries producing movies. It was not long before i started imagining Marcus and i together. As in, i was so deep into that i was practically talking kind of aloud While wearing a jean trousers, making my voice deeper when imagining him talking. I chuckled a bit myself but still continued.

"Unfortunately they remain imaginations." Like my presently foolish mind was not aware of that before, i felt a surge pain that cut right across my heart and a pang of jealousy.

I stared into my blank space and gave my mind the permission to wander. Jasmine like usual, was not in the room and i think i will be more strict with trying to tie her to a couch.

My eyes wandered to the corner of my room and i saw my literature texkbook lying carelessly there. I stood up and dragged my feet like i was 11 months pregnant no. 12 or 13. I dropped the book in my book bag and went back to my seat. Sitting, i was unconsciously counting the poka dots on my top.

I checked time and it was 8:56. Hell. Breakfast today is 9:30, since today is Saturday. We eat late on Saturdays since lesson is starting by 11am.

34 minutes seemed like a million years. Real bored, i laid on my bed and still don't know how i drifted i to sleep.

  *        *         *

"No. I dont feel like playing truth dare what is the difference between truth challenge and this silly game? That game is way too silly and boring. I wonder what you see that stupid game." For the second time in forever, I was very happy with Daniela for speaking my mind. Just that me see what is in the game but i was not ready to play it. Not even in a school where I have just a few talkers (think that is my made up English and also think that it should be addednto the english dictionary)

"Daniela for once, don't being boring. For damn's sake, what do you want us to do? You are not coming up with anything and you keep rejecting everything that we are trying to do. Okay. Suggest something." Mirabelle was getting real pissed. It is true. We wanted to play charade,she said she just can't be acting like an idiot. we decide to play truth challenge. She said the game is too straight and annoying. Then, truth or dare and she is complaining. Anyway, the final complain eased a lump in my throat.