chapter 8

(um, yh sure)

So happy Sunday guys. You know what? I have been thinking of my birthday🎉🎉🎊 which is 9 days to this day. I am honestly finding it difficult to beleive that I will be sixteen finally😍😛😜. Damn... I feel so big🙈🙈.

I moved away from the class' entrance and rested my back on the hard wall close to the window outside now in direct opposite to my weak knees.

I tried to block the view out of my memory but it kept resurfacing with new scenes like it has been sent to frustrate me. The kiss was not a long one anyway but it was a painful one.

To a bit of my surprise, it got little or no attention from my people. 'This really can't be Nigeria' i thought to myself. That is nothing less than a term's gist. (Exaggeration anyway).

I looked straight and let my eyes wander directionlessly until i saw a figure and furrowed my brows to get a better view of it.

I saw Katie, a 12th grade student who from the story i heard lack self respect. She was with someone and that someone was undoubtedly Luke. Is she trying to flirt with him? That will be true if my eyes were not deceiving me.

This girl still gat the guts. I mean, who the hell cheats on her boyfriend with his bestfriend and still has the courage to look at him, let alone try to flirt with him? Luke was obviously not interested in whatever it is she was trying to do. His reaction was saying it all.

From what i heard, Luke was dating Katie but later broke up with her when he heard that she slept with his best friend.

Katie and Luke had a beef or maybe not even up to a beef but turned out to be a beef because of how Katie handled it, taking it so personal. What caused everything was the fact that he bought cake for his cousin on valentine's day in which Katie later got to know about. She threw tantrums in the hostel, calling the girl a whore and got really mad at Luke.

Luke told her that it was never to mean anything. She is a younger cousin and an only Child placed under his care in school. Knowing that she was likely not to receive anything for val, he decided to buy a cake for her. Besides, what he gave Katie was way more than that.

Seeing Katie was obfuscating everything, Luke sent Charles, his best friend to be a mediator between the both if them. Unfortunately, they slept together on the long run.

Charles felt sober and really told Luke he was sorry for loosing his senses but Katie on the other hand flared up when Luke asked her about it saying that what did he expect? That she is done with being tormented because he us so useless in cash and on bed. Like who says that to your boyfriend in the public? In the classroom?

"Are you okay?" I turned to see Davies and jolted out of my thought.

"Um yh Sure" I squirmed, mentally praying for him to leave. Hopefully, he left like he never meant the question.

I was brought back to reality and for a micro second, thought if what I was doing outside before the night's reality hit me again like an arrow shot at the most sensitive part of my heart.

Thanks to my distraction, but I  wished it lasted longer.
I lost the vibes to read and I decided to go back to the hostel. A wasted night, thanks to the two love birds.

 A wasted night, thanks to the two love birds

I know this chapter is super duper short. Please accept my apology. I had to cut out about half of the chapter. Nevertheless, hope you still enjoyed it?
On again, happy sunday😉😄