chapter 17

(And... Sally)

"I love it when you call Mr seniôrita..."
Oh no... I really can't beleive it is 6:30pm. I checked my phone '18:30'. That means the time must be right.

Damn... I had just close my eyes for three minutes and i am very certain about that. I am sure time doesn't fly anymore. It now soar and i mean wickedly soar that a normal one hour thirty minutes is three minutes now. It will only move at a slug's speed if we have annoying and stupid classes where you have to see gruf teachers and bulging eyes of foolish classmates.

I peeked out of my bed and was not surprised not to meet Jasmine in the room. I really don't know what is holing me down from fulfilling my wish of tying her to a chair in the mini sitting room. Maybe because i don't have a rope yet.

Yawning, i sluggishly walked to my wardrobe, exactly the way the time would have moved if we have mathematics class. I  literally had to do 'mini-mini-maini-moo' Unconsciously to choose the cloth to wear. I chuckled at my little game they finally sent me picking a pink tank top and... Okay, it was actually a bump short. Jean to be precise. I wore it and thought about removing it. the bump short i mean. Honestly, i think i felt a bit uncomfortable and it was like i had a sudden cold. Okay, i will be honest, i was just being nervous.

Do i hear someone say why??? I think i have a perfect answer. I am not used to this. In my house, you dare not wear bump short outsise the gate or else, you will suffer a day detention. And when i say detention, i mean real detention.

Someone is not getting me.You just need to know my dad to understand the meaning of detention. You will be locked up in the second thinking room because my dad said law braekers cannot stay in his special room.

What do you do from 6am till 10pm in the thinking room? My dad gives you a book that he knows you will never be interested in. My sis' studied medicine so my dad will give her one of his philosophy books that i am sure will bore her to somewhere worse than hades while he will give Mr a silly biology textbook that can move me to tears. If i am stuck with novel, no problem but a Biology textbook??? It is worse than problem.

I had suffer detention twice. The first time, my dad met me coming from a neighbour's house. I went to collect films just when my dad left home. I was just too sure he will not be back till late in the evening. Unfortunately for me and fortunately for a wicked fate, he forgot something at home and had to come back home just at the time i was coming from my neighbour's house. He did not say anything and i was just to grateful to fate for being nice this time. It was just in the evening when the detention was declared for the next day that i knew fate was not fair to me.

At first, i thought he was going to release me before 10:00pm. I was in jss2 (Nigeria Education System) and i don't think anything will be worse than reading a Biology textbook i neither understood nor was interested in.

Wait... did i mention the fact that he will cease your phone and all other social gadgets. Ohhh were you expecting a little paradise? Detention in my house is worse than hell on earth. It was that day i knew that i had creative spirit and if i work on it, i am likely to be the Markus Persson of my generation. You just needed to see the way i turned broom sticks to games for myself. I really dont think i am going to mention the way the game is played, so as to save myself disgrace. So have you seen that detention is hell in my house??

I think i have not really explained my house. Have you read 'purple hibiscus?'. The first time i read that book, I  was certain Chimmamanda got the idea from my family life with two major differences. The first is that she just changed some things and the second is that my fathre is way worse than... I really cannot remember his name.