Chapter 15

(Theory of cost)

"...Oh My God. I should not have left. I will not be happier than to see Kiki's cheek turn red. I should just have stayed a little more"

Manuela would not stop talking as we walked down to the hostel. She talked like watching Marcus slapped kiki was going to earn her something super duper valuable. Anyway, she was not the only one. Many more. Infact the whole school. If I had exaggerated by saying the whole school, then the hyperbole is a very minor one. You just see three people gathered and you are sure that is what they are talking about.

could not have expected a wider spread of the news of Marcus slapping Kiki. I mean, i hear it almost everywhere i go. Even as Exams are starting in two days time, people seem to focus more in the news than on thier book.

While walking to the cafeteria, i heard nothing less than six groups duscussing the issue. Some casting heavy blames on Marcus (all the next Kiki to be) and some applauding him. Whichever one any group belong to, they were very much surprised.

"I almost thought I was not seeing well. Marvus is too much of a cool person. This should really be in Miller.T' record of event."

"He must have been so pained..."

"Dont you all talk and forget that Exams are starting in two days". Daniela's words became the cooling van for the reignited experience, if the fire ever died down.

"Oh... That is true. Off to read" Angela started running towards her room.

"Why run? Jasmine shouted after her but she just did the practical 'nothing' and kept running.

Did i mention that Mirabelle was not with us? Oh she was not. Wonder, where Marcus carried her to.

Immediately i got to my room,i fell heavily on my bed. Dont know if it was because of what happened earlier, but i was really stressed. I almost had an heart attack remembering that I have never written a school exam in Britain. Is it so easy like we have been told by our back in Nigeria? Our teachers back in Nigeria tell us that you are given AOC that is the exact exam questions in developed countries. But wait... Am i giving a ear to their words? People that i am not sure have left IMO state all their lives, telling me the way the English guys conduct their exams.

Chuckling and sighing at the same time, i to picked my Economics  note from under my pillow. Though, we dont have Economics till after we have written five papers, it is the only note i have in the hostel.

As i opened it, it opened to a particular page like i have been opening that place over and over and over again. I checked the contents there and it looked so bizzare. 'Multiplier' We had not even touched it. So, why the opening? Without disturbing myself, i wanted to close the page when i noticed a small paper, tucked in the middle of two pages.

With a quizzical look, i removed the paper and opened it.

"...I hate you. I love you..." Was written inside. Obviously, it was Jasmine. The hand writing cannot betray the fact. I just shook my head.

Jasmine and her obsession with music. But, Jasmine is Not the kind to snoop... Oh, last week Friday, i read Economics on her bed. That must have been when she tucked it inside.

folding it back which was bit easy because i just have to follow pattern of the formal folds, i tucked it back in the middle of the two pages and opened to my worst topic i just know i cannot avoid forever
'Theory of cost."

Apologies, apologies and apologies

Apologies, apologies and apologies. I can see the moist eyes of my lovely readers that have been waiting for days. Your little girl is so sorry. Forgive her.
Jasmine obsession seem so mad that she tucked a song inbetween the pages of Sally's note. Whoever is with me should raise his/her hand. I dont think it was Jasmine that dropped it there. I mean, Sally was only reading on Jasmine bed, record never had it that she dropped her text book at any point and left so,how come she did not notice when Jasmine dropped it there. There is a BIG something to find out and those of you tgat your hands up, without dropping your hands, come and meet me. We have to go and inveatigate on who dropped the paper there.

Your humble writer, (preparing herself for the investigation)
Kiharah.