Chapter 14

(Miranda, be careful)

It was like the whole science department planned to remain in class during the one hour break and honestly, I had to keep my emotions at bay so that I will not lash out unnecessary anger on anyone.

I knew prople remained in class for different intentions. Somw to cast pitiful glances at Mirabelle and some to cast mocking glances at her. I don't think Mirabelle will  be comfortable with any or like any because I myself hate both.

Mirabelle's face was pale and white like she was a jaundice patient and I can feel a little of what she was feeling. I mean, who the hell disgraces her mate?
Jasmine sat beside Mirabelle trying her possible best to console her but damn... She was not reponding to consolation. The reamining of us chipped in words once in a while like we were programmed to do so I just hated the faced we were getting. Looking like friends of a miserable unfortunate and heartbroken indivudual.

But honestly, Britain will never cease to surprise me. In Nigeria at least to the best of my knowledge, Kiki dare not try that rubbish. I mean or she would have a lot of haters and she will suffer more than the offended.

Apart from that, my former school back in Nigeria does not condole financial shaming. The Individual can get suspended but no one seem to care here in England.
Wonder country...

I saw a figure walking towards us and it took me a micro second to know that it was Marcus. My heart skipped a bit but calmed down when I mentally told her that it was no time for joke.

"Please excuse me." Marcus face and words contained more sadness than anger like he was far injured than Mirabelle. The way he was acting just kept me in awe. I mean... The cool headed Marcus looking like he was ready to kill someone.

In regard to his statement, we left him with Mirabelle.

While Jasmine and Manuela left the classroom, Daniela went to Cody's seat and i went to Angela's seat.
Even Marcus' eyes held an emotion competing with that if Mirabelle's. The depth of emotion that i had only seen once in Chioma's eyes about two years ago when she lost her dad. I sighed remembering that it has been long since i spoke to my Nigeria friends last. I just hope they will. ot think i have ditched them. Maybe today, i should call Chioma... Or Jessica.

My disgust rose to a point a little below climax when i saw a figure i recognised as Kiki walked into the class, smirking. I just had to caution myself not to stand up and slap her. After all, this is her class.

Thinking she was going to her seat, i was surprised to see her walking towards Mirabelle. I Can't believe she still has the mind seeing the deadly stare Marcus gave her when she entered the class...

...Though i was deep in my thought, nothing else could have jerked me awake than the sound of a slap similar to thunder. The attention of the whole class got fixed on where the slap came from. Whoa!!! Marcus slapped Kiki like damn hard!!! I had to calm down a litle bit to be sure my brain was not misinterpreting things. Not even Mirabelle, i am sure would think Marcus than d such a thing.i mean, he is too much of a 'gentleman' Angela has said that before.

"Miranda be careful and i mean be damn careful. I will not take that kind of brutal act from you. You are free to do anything to any one except my friends and her" he pointed at Mirabelle. "Tell me is your dad the wealthiest even in this school? I have tried to be level headed but i need to say this now. Compare to my dad, your dad is nothing but a pauper" i felt the last statement" Should we check net worth? This is the first time i am saying this kind of thing and i stand not to be corrected. I dont like to say it but i am way too pushed, and my back is almost glued to the wall. My dad is one of the members of house of lords. He owns oil company in ten different countries in the world. He has shares in twenty two companies. Twelve out of the twenty two are oil companies. My mum is one of the nine prominent judges of the United Nations. My dad doesn't use the salary he collects from house of lords. He doesn't need it. The money goes directly to my account so i am probably wealthier than your dad. I can place a bet on £100,000 that your dads six month salary cannot compete with half of the money my dad gets in a month. And you know what??? Any thing i have is for her" i felt a little hurt... "Miranda the next time you try anything against her... you are used to the cool Marcus right? And you think he can never hurt a fly" he laughed sardonically. "I pray i will not be imprisoned for murder."

Wow. I almost did not believe my ears. I knew Marcus is a rich dude, but did not know he was as wealthy as that. Damn... that guy is swimming in real money.

Kiki rolled her eyes like she did not care but it was obvious she was. The way her cheek was pink out of embarrasment did not help matter.

Please note: after this chapter, i will release A/N before releasing the next chapter. Please try to read the A/N. It is important as it will help you understand why some things are done in a particular way.

So, writing about Marcus' father's wealth looks so cliche right? So you felt that also?? I am nit into writing all thus over exaggerated things in book

So, writing about Marcus' father's wealth looks so cliche right? So you felt that also?? I am nit into writing all thus over exaggerated things in book. I dont as they rpare bad, but i personally am not into it. I had to chip in Marcus' fathercs wealth like that because i must pay heed to Marcus' statement and apart from that, let's think about it. Even making all of them averagely rich may still look somehow for the fact that i don't want the story to sound odd. Anyway, no wories. Marcus' parent is the wealthiest in the whole school and he is damn popular as we will read in the book.
Read on...
Your ever humble 🙏🙏,
:) kiharah.