Chapter Five

Lupin held her for a while, as her breathing went back to normal. "It will all be okay, I promise. May I ask why you're crying?" He worryingly said. "I hate being away from my parents." She replied with. "I get that, not being able to spend Christmas with them is pretty annoying, but we are all here now so we can spend it together." he said. Making Ari smile. He slowly bought his hand to her face and held her cheek in his hand. It was comfortable and felt like it fit there, like it belonged. She gazed into his eye but then he moved his hand a looked away. "I'll be downstairs if you need me." He replied. Leaving her there to think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was Christmas Eve. The fire was cracking and Ari was in her room with Fred and George playing UNo. A loud bang was heard from the window as she realised her owl was waiting. She let her in and took the letter from her. She opened it eagerly and read it.

My sweetest Arabella

We are coming home on the 6th of February, and we wanted to know if you wanted to come back home, we miss you greatly and hope you are having a good time. We love you and think of you every day. We'll see you soon sugarplum.

Mom and dad.

She looked at the letter. Thinking about going, wondering if anyone will miss her. She kept it to herself and just started playing UNo again.

~~~~~~~~time skip~~~~~~~~~

It was the first of February now, she had told everyone about what her parents said and decided she would go home.

~~Remus POV~~

"Dumbledore she's leaving" he said in a shaky manner, whilst pacing Dumbledores study. "I can ensure you that that will not happen, she can not. For her safety." He replied. "She's leaving in five days" replied Remus, raising his voice slightly. "Then do what you have to do." Replied Dumbledore in a calm way, Remus looked at him confused and asked him.. "what do you mean?"

~~back to Arabella~~

"I'm going to leave early" said Ari to Hermione, Ron and Harry (who was once again out of it). "That's absurd!" Added Hermione. "I think it would be a better idea because then I have enough time to sort out some things at home."

"Besides my dads animals have to be cared for, I can't trust Jacob to feed them all on his own," she giggled.

"Well if that's what you want" said Ron glumly.

"That settles it then, I'm leaving tomorrow" she replied.

Tomorrow came quickly enough, she packed her last minute items and put her bag on, her back still hurting from all her pack last night. She walked with Ron and Hermione to the train station and gave her a tight hug, making her somewhat cry, it was a sappy moment for sure. "WAIT!" She heard someone yell. She looked around to se professor lupin, running to her. He reached her and without hesitation pulled her into an embrace, whilst cupping her face, their lips slowly connected, making her blush, Hermione, Ron and Harry (who was now focused) all looked at them in shock.

He pulled away and looked at Ari, her mouth was open as she was shocked as to what just happened. He looked at her and replied with "please stay, please please please don't go away, I need you here, because when I look at you I feel at home." He said, a singular tear running down his face. Ari was quick to wipe it away and kissed him again without thinking twice.

He kissed her back and picked her up, spinning her around and giggling. "Ill stay." She said. Which made everyone happy. Everyone started walking back to the castle when Lupin pulled Ari aside. "Dumbledore said we can try it." He said, confusing Ari slightly. "What do you mean?" She replied with quickly. "You need to stay here for protection, and well, he knew how I felt towards you, and he said that if me being with you would make me stay he would allow it." Ari looked at him in shock, but the only thing she could do was kiss him again, which led to her being so happy in the moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are finally together!!! Eeeek! 🤍🌙🌻⭐️