Chapter twenty-two

Chapter twenty-two - changing seasons

"Remus, are you there?" She called out.

No answer

The room she entered in the shack was scruffy, overgrown with weeds and the wood was cracked, along with the paint. The floor had missing planks and the ceiling had a whole right in the middle. A lonesome couch sat in the room, the leather was worn, and torn. But it looked inviting enough, giving the room itself. No one had come down to see her, so she called up again. "Remus? Sirius? Are you here?" She hollered. After a while she heard the faintest sound of creaking floorboards and a sigh. She looked over to the door to see Remus and Sirius. She got up immediately and walked over to them both. "What is it that's so urgent?" She questioned, her tone sounding much ruser than it was supposed to be. "Well you see.. we uhm-" he stuttered. "Please hurry, I haven't got all day," she cut in with a giggle.

Remus's face didn't change from the concerned expression he wore, and neither did Sirius's. "Well you see there's something we need to tell you, it's about your-" Sirius was cut off by the sound of a sudden movement behind them. They turned around to see Severus standing behind them, a big smirk on his face. "Well, well, well.. if it isn't the murderer himself." He said. He didn't notice that Ari was there, as Remus was standing in front of her. "And Remus, what were you thinking, sneaking him into the castle? He's a wanted murderer, and escapee. You insufferable moron!" He yelled. Remus moved a little, cause Severus to see Ari. "Ari? What are you doing here?" He asked her, he sounded concerned, and scared. "If you two have done something to her I will kill you myself." He said to them both, bringing his wand out to point it at them both. "DAD STOP!" She screamed, tears threatening to spill from her eyes.

Remus turned to Ari, "DAD?! DID YOU JUST CALL HIM DAD?!" He yelled. "I- he-" Ari tried to form words but she couldn't. "No, I don't want to hear it, you kept that from me." He said, turning away from her. "And what does that matter to you, Remus?" Snape inquired. "He's- I'm his-" she was cut off by Sirius. "They're together." He said, instantly regretting it. "Well, Dumbledore would really find this quite amusing wouldnt he, if this information it into the wrong hands you'd be out of a job.." he said with a smirk. "He already knows dad.." said Ari, she was scared. This would be the final straw for her, she'd lose her father.

Severus could see the distress on her face, noticing this he softened a little. "Sweetheart im not mad at you, I'm just worried. He could be using you, I don't want that for you." He turned to Remus. "You dare hurt her and Your body will never be found." He said before turning on his heel and walking out with his cape flowing in the air.

"Remus I-"

"No I don't want to hear it, you kept this from me, and for what? Why did you think that was okay?"

"because I was scared you'd hate me." Ari replied. He looked at her and instantly softened. "I'm sorry Ari, the full moon is coming up as you know, and I'm just getting stressed out." He said, while slowly embracing her. She instantly relaxed.

That went a little better than I expected. She thought while getting lost into his embrace.

(I know it's a short one! I'm sorry!! I'll get another one out by Saturday maybe, or Sunday. I'm just having a day where I can't stop writing! I love you all! Remember to stay safe all of you! ❤️❤️❤️🚃)