Chapter20- Love is Blindness.

20.

   I sat in the culvert for a couple of hours. I felt around there was a little stream making its way through the culvert. Great! Now I don't have a place to sleep. I got up and stumbled to the road. There was hardly any cars passing by. I continued to walk. I had no idea where I was going. It was almost pitch-black. My feet were getting hard from walking bear foot. I stuck my arms into my shirt. I can't walk all the way home. It's impossible! So I did something no girl should ever do. I stuck out my hand and put my thumb out like a real hitch hiker. I walked for quite some ways with my hand out. So  one sped in front of me and puled to the side. I though that this is a good thing to do , but how wrong was I. I ran to the car. The driver rolled down the window. I could see my reflection and the lights inside the car. The rolled down the window, I could barely see who it was. The driver asked where I was going.

"Home."

"Then lets turn around an go home."

"W-what?"

 I glared at the driver till I came to realize it was Alex. My heart was a bit relieved that it was him, but I was still pissed at him. I stood straight and walked down the highway. He drove beside me.

"C'mon get in the car, and I will take you home."

"No."

"You can't do this. Please, I love you and I don't want to see you get hurt."

"I've already been hurt."

"I am sorry I wasn't there for you, and I didn't keep you away from Jack and that I lied to you."

"I am sorry too. But love is blindness, I don't wanna see."

"Listen, I love you and you are all I want."

   He was driving slow next to me, some cars honked and gave him the finger. I giggled at that people who don't know him already don't like him.

"It's amazing how quickly your mood can change, how deep your heart can sink and how much one person can affect you."

"What am I?"

"The affect of everything I was and had."

"Tell me why love is blindness."

"People can't see what a person feels for them, and I want to feel the same like other people. Like you."

   He pulled over and stopped the car. He got out an ran to me. He was walked beside me for the whole night. The moon was shining bright. We walked for hours.

"Hey, um do you need my shoes?"

"No, I am fine."

"Lies." He gave a little chuckle. "Here, have my shoes. They maybe big but its better than nothing."

   He stopped and took his shoes off. I kept walking.

"Here. Take them."

   I took it out of his hand and sat down. He knelt down at me."

"What are you doing?"

"I am gonna put your shoes one, hand me them."

   I gave the pair back to Alex, he unlace the first hole of the shoe lace and put it on m feet. He felt for my toes in the shoe.

"Wow, you have small feet."

"Every girl has small feet compared to a man." I gave a little grin.

   He helped my up and we walked. The shoes would scrap when I lifted my feet so I had to lift my feet a little higher than usual. I started to get worried of Alex's car would be broken into or stolen. But that butt deserved it. We walked for hours and rested a couple of times. I could hear Alex breath hard, I guess to make this not so of an awkward walk.