four. thomas

THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW

Out of the corner of her eyes, Nini notices a familiar head of hair. Turning away from Winston who kept on insisting that there was something wrong with his hand and that she needed to check up on it, her eyes narrowed as she  saw Minho, Jisung and Ben run back in from the maze. Minho ended up running past the Greenie, eyeing him warily before sending a nod Chuck's way.

"Winston, your arm is okay. There's nothing wrong. If it hurts get Jeff to massage it, okay? Maybe you're just sore." she says quickly, her eyes now on the new Greenie who was standing dangerously close to the maze doors.

After telling Winston to go to her if the pain doesn't stop, she runs off past him, heading straight for Chuck and the new Greenie.

But, just as she reached them, Gally appeared. Seemingly out of nowhere. He shoved the Greenie back by his shoulders aggressively, causing the boy to fall back. "We got to stop meeting like this, Greenie."

"Gally, cmon." Nini said softly. "Did you need to knock him back that hard? He already has a few scratches from this morning." she tries to reason out. Since he was a builder, Gally was naturally really strong. Even if he only means to do a little damage, he causes more than intended.

Whatever Gally had been about to say was interrupted as the Greenie suddenly shot his hands out, jumping to his feet.

"Get off me!"

"Alright, calm, calm." Gally mumbled, circling the boy. "Calm, calm."

Nini scoffs at this. The boy had just gotten shoved; why was he expecting him to calm down an act like nothing happened?

"Hey, don't touch me!"

"Woah, just take it easy. Just relax."

The girl took a step forward, reaching out for the boy but he only slapped her hand away. "What the hell is wrong with you guys?" he spat, turning to Nini, before his eyes fell around to everyone else.

"Alright. Jesus Christ, I was just trying to help." the girl says, rightfully pissed off. If he was going to try to kill himself and enter the maze as soon as doors close, she'll let him. Rolling her eyes, she walked behind Newt while the Greenie still looked terrified.

Newt, who was next to her, stepped slightly in front of her as he held his hands out before him. "Just calm down, all right?"

"No, okay?" The Greenie shouted. "Why won't you tell me what's out there?"

"Just trying to protect you, man." Alby explained, holding his hand out before him. "For your own good."

"All right, you guys can't just keep me here."

"I can't let you leave," Alby stressed.

"Why not?"

"You'll die, you dumbass!" Nini exclaims, fed up that he was refusing to listen to anyone who tried to talk with him. As if on cue, a rumbling echoed, and her eyes instantly darted back behind the Greenie, landing on the maze doors. Nini gave Newt a nervous glance as the Greenie turned at the sound, his eyes falling on the door much like everyone else's.

The maze doors slowly began shutting. Just like it always did. A wave of wind shot forward, which made the girl turn around so her hair wont fall to her face. The rumbling got louder, the gears clicking as the door shut completely.

"Next time," Gally spoke, taking an intimidating step towards the newbie. "I'm gonna let you leave."

As everyone had began walking away, Nini felt a felt a hand grab her wrist, when she turned, she saw Newt, nudging her along.