Chapter Twenty

"Higher ups?! Who do those guys think they are?! Just because George was sickly they thought they could just take him away and make him forget about his entire past?!" Paul boomed, he was so loud the entire street must have heard him. "Grrr, when I get my hands on those stupid angels!!"

"Now Paul-"

"Don't now Paul me!! You knew George was a demon for so long and you didn't once think to try and get him home?! If you cared about him that much you should have brought him back to hell!"

"You don't think I haven't tried doing that?!"

"Well obviously you hadn't tried hard enough! You didn't think to keep on pushing until those so called higher ups finally realized that Lucifer missed his youngest son and wanted him back in full health?!"

Brian was at a loss of words, he had never seen Paul this angry before. Whenever the former virtue did lose his temper he was always quick to regain his composure, but now he was absolutely furious, and and directing his anger at the one who raised him for years no less. "Grrrr, I'm getting out of this wretched place!"

Before anyone else could argue with him, Paul kicked over his chair on his way out. "Stupid Brian, oh the higher angels won't let me do this or that. So who cares if George spent his entire life not realizing he was half demon? Bah!! If I met with those higher ups I'd like to give them a piece of my mind!" He growled as he stormed down the street, knocking over any nearby trash cans. He didn't know where he was going, but he didn't care either way.

It wasn't long until he was miles away from the city, taking refuge in the nearby woods. "Angels don't belong on earth, and I can't even die to escape this prison. I'm doomed to watch everyone I know pass on while I have to stay and live without them, I can't even go to see them in heaven or hell. Grrrr, I bet it was those higher ups that did this to me!!"

"Why yes, it was them that threw you away." A voice called.

"Ah!! Who said that?!"

Out of the shadows came a small group of what looked like other angels, but these ones had dark, crow wings as opposed to the usual dove wings Paul used to have. "We are but a humble group of outcasts ourselves. Cast away from Jannah long ago, forced to watch as mortals passed away while we remained here. But we won't be here for long, now that we have the power of a virtue."

"Former virtue. I can't believe the ones I used to trust would do this to me... I can't believe Brian would have lied to us for all those years, all because of them."

"Ah yes the higher angels, they're always breathing down your neck. How would you like to take them down?"

"Take them down? As in-"

"Yes. These angels are no longer fit to rule over heaven. Now comes the age of the Zebani! We will change your old home and this new one for the better, if you care to join."

"... Yes, I accept your offer."