Chapter Eighteen

"I don't think I've ever worn a suit that didn't have wing holes until now.. I don't think I'll ever get used to something like this." Paul mumbled, although he wasn't feeling as down as the last chapter, he knew it might take a year for him to accept his new life on earth.

"I'm sure it'll be alright. Maybe you'll get lucky and find some other angels on earth looking for ya, you shouldn't ever lose hope. Especially at a time like this, you will be found and brought back up to the heavens where everyone will welcome you back with open arms, I'm sure of it."

"I sure hope you're right Richie... Yeah, things will go back to the way they were in no time."

Smiling as the former angel's mood lightened up, Ringo got John into his much larger suit. "Alright, the three of us are ready to go! I wonder what sort of delectables Brian's gonna have at his Hanukkah party."

"I hear they got a lot of deep fried treats! Along with vanilla desserts, oh this is gonna be a feast to remember, and it'll be going on for eight days a week!"

"Oh John, there's only seven days in a week."

"Not anymore, I've decided to declare that there will now be eight days a week! The eighth will be called Starrday! After you, my sweet Ringsie."

"But my last name is Starkey."

"Well then today I will rename you Ringo Starr! The star in my eye, the brightest star in the sky and absolutely the star of this story if you know what I mean?" John grinned, wiggling his eyebrows at him.

"Heeehee, you naughty little demon. I think those really late updates and now recent retcons are now messing with your brain."

Paul couldn't help but giggle as he watched the couple being mushy with one another. "Are you two just going to flirt the night away or are we gonna go to the party? I'm really excited to meet your Brian, he sounds like such an amazing man."

"Like you'd never believe, he gave me a raise when my poor old Mum was hospitalized. Maybe he's the guardian angel she was talking about, since Johnny here is my demonic soulmate."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh Richard! I'm so glad you can make it, and I see you brought some friends along." Brian smiled, letting them into his house. "Paul? What is he doing back down here? I was waiting for him for hours up at home.."

"Oh! And this over here is Paul, he's a friend of ours who's staying over for a few days. He.. Ummmm... He's just down in the dumps right now and needs someone to help him back on his feet, so we're here to care for him until he finds his own place."

"Well that's nice, I sure hope he gets better very soon. Now, how about you three make yourself comfortable at the snack table while I pr-"

"Actually Mr. Eppy, I was hoping we could get to know each other better. You remind me of someone I lived my whole life with." Paul butted in, sure that this Brian was the very same up in heaven.

"Umm, sure Paul. I suppose we could."

Leading the older man down the hall and into a bathroom, Paul instantly barraged him with questions. "You're our Brian aren't you? Did you not want Ringo to know you were an actual angel? Is that why you left before he came down to hell? Do you know why I'm suddenly locked out of heaven and without my wings?"

"I... I don't know Paul. I was only told I was going to be in charge of a new little angel, but then I realized I hadn't seen you for so long. I thought you and George decided to stay in hell after finding out what happened."

"Speaking of George, he's stuck down in hell. There must have been some demons that attacked us on our way up!"

"Demons? I'm not sure they're to blame as they aren't allowed to go near heaven, not without a hell angel or Azrael anyways."

"Hell... Angel?"

"They're called the Zebani. Angels that reside in hell in order to torture the worst of sinners, that is until many decided that demons should be punished as well... They're not a force to be reckoned with. No one knows what happened to the most dangerous of them."

"Oh my.. Oh.. Could they have snatched us on our way up?"

"That may be, but if it is the Zebani... Oooh, we're all in major trouble."